By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - TLOU Dev Fires Back At Those Who Feel $50 Is Too Much For PS4 Version “It’s a Steal”

crissindahouse said:

It's not a steal, it's maybe what you can or should expect but nothing less...I mean, if it is "a steal", what would be a "normal price"? 80 bucks?

Remaster or not, it's a game which is one year old and the work done for the PS4 version was probaly only a tenth of the PS3 version so that it's not as if the remaster could be also 60 bucks without any extra content and it would be still be a god price. 

I agree with this.

I definitely don't think it's a steal, but its not a rip off either. Especially for those who haven't played the game yet.

People who have already played it should simply not buy it again if they feel the price is too high.

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

Around the Network

I agree, I think the people who are complaining are those who already played the games thus the price seems a tad high, but for those playing for the first time it's a great deal, pretty much a GOTY edition, never saw anyone complain about those. Beside ND doesn't have a gun to your head, if you think price is to high don't buy it or wait till a price cut.

enrageorange said:
DrDoomz said:
Only idiots would think that it wasn't worth $50.

Sadly, the internet is full of those.

You're right. The fact that I don't think getting a remake of a game for $50 is a fair deal makes me an idiot. Clearly not wanting to get ripped off is a trait all stupid people share while smart people realize that they should be honored they aren't being charged the full $60. Maybe we should start a petition to raise the price back to $60. Clearly we are idiots for thinking it should be worth anything less than what we pay for a new retail game.

You make yourself look stupid! No one is putting a gun to your head telling you to buy it? You have a choice. Also if you shop about I'm sure you'll find it cheaper than $50. Maybe $40-45?. Or you could wait till it drops to a more cheaper price or buy it 2nd hand. Its great value because you get the remastered game and all the add ons too! If you've already played it then I'd wait till its $20 or so

50$ for remastered TLOU isn't a good price as it isn't for wind waker hd too.

But my country's gdp per capita is lower than 50% of u.s.a (and in europe 50 euro = almost 70 usd)

Ashadian said:
enrageorange said:
DrDoomz said:
Only idiots would think that it wasn't worth $50.

Sadly, the internet is full of those.

You're right. The fact that I don't think getting a remake of a game for $50 is a fair deal makes me an idiot. Clearly not wanting to get ripped off is a trait all stupid people share while smart people realize that they should be honored they aren't being charged the full $60. Maybe we should start a petition to raise the price back to $60. Clearly we are idiots for thinking it should be worth anything less than what we pay for a new retail game.

You make yourself look stupid! No one is putting a gun to your head telling you to buy it? You have a choice. Also if you shop about I'm sure you'll find it cheaper than $50. Maybe $40-45?. Or you could wait till it drops to a more cheaper price or buy it 2nd hand. Its great value because you get the remastered game and all the add ons too! If you've already played it then I'd wait till its $20 or so

You need to look at the context of the situation. The person I am replying to says anyone who doesn't think it's worth $50 is an idiot. I am just mocking him for saying that. Of course some people might think its worth it and others might think its not.

Around the Network
VanceIX said:
I don't think the $50 price is the main issue, the main issue is not offering a discount to those who already own the PS3 version. Offering it digitally for $35 for old PS3 users would be completely acceptable, especially considering that the remaster didn't cost much to produce at all. Not doing this is kinda sad.

Do you get a discount when you buy a remastered Blu-Ray release because you bought the DVD?

Or did Lucas Film give you a discount when you bought Star Wars saga on Blu-Ray even though you'd bought the VHS,DVD collections first?

You don't how much the remaster cost. If its too expensive for you don't buy it! 

Lol, it's not. It's on PS3 for much cheaper, and its the exact same game.

3DS I.D : 3282-2755-4646

I make bad threads.  

SSB really went downhill after Melee....

Manlet Crew

Not worth.

Windwaker HD was not worth 50$
and neither is this game.

30$ would be fine

http://moongypsy.bandcamp.com/ ~Thank you Stefl1504 for the amazing sig~
ToraTiger said:
Lol, it's not. It's on PS3 for much cheaper, and its the exact same game.

$30 new on amazon without the DLCs, the Left Behind story DLC alone is $15 on top of that and then there is various mp DLC in it as well

btw, some people just prefer the BR edition of a movie to the DVD - similar situation

toot1231 said:
Not worth.

Windwaker HD was not worth 50$
and neither is this game.

30$ would be fine

the PS3 version still is $30 ...

A bargain for sure especially if you haven't played the game. The additional content, updated graphics + continuity make it worth the $50.