By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Destiny Last Gen vs Current Screenshot Comparison

Cross gen games gonna cross. They were striving for parity and did a good job. Destiny has never been much of a looker of a game from the beginning.

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling

Around the Network

Wow, PS4 is so clear. The PS3 screenshots don't look bad but they need some improvement.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

The PS3 version while not as impressive as its PS4 counterpart still looks really good.

The improvements gen-on-gen are almost comical they are so minor. That is to say in the end visual impact they are so minor. It's nothing like jumping from this

to this

Gone are the days when a new console can blow the minds of all that see it on graphics alone.  Although, the pics Ben posted from PS4 are pretty sharp.

Im litteraly posting these images every page since theres people not reading the thread. 

The OPs PS4 screens are horrible and do the game zero justice. These are screens I took with my capture card and they absolutely crush last gen. The biggest cross gen differences of any game released so far

Around the Network

The PS3 version holds up pretty good.

And yet again we see how the graphical difference between this gen and last gen really isn't that big.

The PS3 version looks really nice, but some of the shadows I've seen are wicked janky...other than that, no complaints

TheLastStarFighter said:

The improvements gen-on-gen are almost comical they are so minor. That is to say in the end visual impact they are so minor. It's nothing like jumping from this

[image]

to this

[image]

Gone are the days when a new console can blow the minds of all that see it on graphics alone.  Although, the pics Ben posted from PS4 are pretty sharp.

You'd almost think Destiny was a cross gen game made to linearly scale between two different hardware gens :p

Personally, i think the jump is incredible.
Killzone 3 (released 4.5 years after launch) - 720p/30fps

Killzone: SF (launch day title) - 1080p/30 - 40fps

Even at the same resolution the difference is striking. At 1080p the deal is sealed.

The existence of top tier gaming PCs will stop gen jumps from every being ground breaking again, but that doesn't stop them being significant.

I agree that the traditional jump has been fairly small compared to previous gens, but the tech jump has and will be massive. We currently only have a handful (literally) of next gen games utilizing the new tech available to them, and even they have only scratched the service.

I can't wait to see what games look like in 3 years. If a simple lighting effect can make a boring/visually mediocre corridor look this this...

...imagine what developers like i343 or ND are going to manage once they really start taking advantage of the new tech available to them.

PS3 holds up pretty well.