By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Destiny Last Gen vs Current Screenshot Comparison

The Cell can still hold it's own. What an awesome piece of tech.

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence
Around the Network

Its amazing how screenshots on a computer screen can really undermine the difference between these two versions. On my TV that I play on I could see the difference straight away between the two versions. I tried the PS4 version first then went back to PS3. I was like eeeeh. It was not horrible but it certainly was nowhere near what I was seeing on my PS4.

In hindsight I should have gone on PS3 first than PS4. I probs would not have noticed the difference as much but going from a PS4 to PS3 was eye opening.

Edit: With that said this gam is not really visually impressive. 

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

Still playable, but there are huge differences. I bet the critical point is the framrate though, PS3 always suck in that department.

...Let the Sony Domination continue with the PS4...
pbroy said:
The Cell can still hold it's own. What an awesome piece of tech.

Maybe that explains why PS3s are still about €300 here, only €100 cheaper than PS4 xD

...Let the Sony Domination continue with the PS4...

ps3 a blurry mess
like all previous gen games tbh :p

Around the Network
Serious_frusting said:

Its amazing how screenshots on a computer screen can really undermine the difference between these two versions. On my TV that I play on I could see the difference straight away between the two versions. I tried the PS4 version first then went back to PS3. I was like eeeeh. It was not horrible but it certainly was nowhere near what I was seeing on my PS4.

In hindsight I should have gone on PS3 first than PS4. I probs would not have noticed the difference as much but going from a PS4 to PS3 was eye opening.

Maybe not the most impressive technically but its gorgeous to look at. It has the best art style for any shooter I've seen for a long time. Beautifuly crafted world and designs.

BenVTrigger said:
Serious_frusting said:

Maybe not the most impressive technically but its gorgeous to look at. It has the best art style for any shooter I've seen for a long time. Beautifuly crafted world and designs.

inb4 Bioshock Infinite 

"You should be banned. Youre clearly flaming the president and even his brother who you know nothing about. Dont be such a partisan hack"

IkePoR said:
BenVTrigger said:
Serious_frusting said:

inb4 Bioshock Infinite 

Ive taken gorgeous 4k screenshots of Infinite and still prefer Destinys look by a lot. That being said Bioshock is a beautiful game as well but Destinys world is simply incredible.

Same game

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

I'm surprised that even the weapons/hands are so blurry on PS3. I think weapon models in other games looks sharper on last gen but maybe I'm just remembering everything too good.

Edit: well, on the TV the PS3 version should look sharper with some upscaling to 1080p but the game is still definitely more blurry as some other games already a few years old. They may be more linear but still...