By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will Microsoft ever win a gen?

LudicrousSpeed said:
Aura7541 said:
LudicrousSpeed said:

Reading comprehension FTL. Obviously the Xbox division doesn't have full access to it or I wouldn't have said "if they wanted". Hope that helps.

And MS lost billions thanks to getting Live up and running. Not nearly the same thing as trying to "buy gens". A Playstation fan like yourself should know that. After all, did Sony try to buy last gen? Apparently so according to your logic. After all, they lost billions.

That's funny because I don't recall Sony ever resorting moneyhatting tactics, buying timed exclusives, timed exclusive DLC, and forcing parity. So yeah... reading comprehension FTL, indeed.

Yet Sony has done all of that. One hell of a rock you have been living under.

It very easy to parrot what someone else has said without providing evidence, as you have just done. One hell of a mirage you're having if you think I'm living under a rock. And Sony forcing parity for their console that was more powerful? Like I said, reading comprehension FTL as you would like to hammer over and over again.

Around the Network

I don't need to provide evidence of any of those things, anyone playing games in the PS2 era and beyond knows it and experienced it ;)

LudicrousSpeed said:
I don't need to provide evidence of any of those things, anyone playing games in the PS2 era and beyond knows it and experienced it ;)

Excuses excuses -_-" You mean you can't provide evidence because your claim was non-sensical to begin with, hence why you went the lazy way and just repeated what I said, but replacing MS with Sony. Utterly lazy...

Am I being Punk'd? What is this guy even going on about.

LudicrousSpeed said:
Am I being Punk'd? What is this guy even going on about.

If you have time complain about being "punk'd", then you have time to gather your evidence and make actual arguments. You haven't thus far and worse, said that you don't need to provide evidence as a lame excuse which reeks of sheer laziness. But if you want to keep dodging and evading, I won't stop you since it won't magically make your outrageous claims right anyways.

Around the Network

Evidence: See 6th, 7th, 8th console generations.

I do hope this helps.

LudicrousSpeed said:
Evidence: See 6th, 7th, 8th console generations.

I do hope this helps.

I'm sorry, but pointing the finger at the other company saying "they did it, too" without evidence doesn't work at all. Seeing the 6th to 8th console generations work even less. Yes, there were apparently a 6th, 7th, and 8th generation of consoles. So what? This among the most vague replies I've ever seen.

Does MS really need to win a generation if they can win the hearts of many without claiming a fake trophy? MS play a big part in this so called Console war, where they brought back Console FPS MP with Halo, bringing in Hard drives and now moving on with the Cloud. Sure there not the most popular choice atm however people buy consoles for there favourite games and not just based off hype.

I am a PC gamer and the only reason I brought a console (360) was because I wanted to play Halo, I couldn't care less about Gears or Uncharted or Mario but I love FPS and 360 had the best one going around. I brought a X1 for the same reason. I don't care if another console outsells it. I follow the games and if Halo was exclusive to PS4 then ill buy a PS4, but it isn't so my decision was made.

Now, considering both 7th gen (with Sony shooting themselves in the foot) and this gen (with Microsoft taking up the shotgun to shoot THEMSELVES in the foot) were surprises that most folks in the prior generation couldn't have anticipated so early, I suppose anything's possible?

Not super duper likely, though, Xbox being in first. Both Nintendo and Sony have a much firmer grip on the wider world market; and right now, Sony has an opportunity to retake a good chunk of the U.S. market, which they might ACTUALLY be able to hold past the PS4, assuming they don't shoot themselves in the foot before the launch of the PS5. At this point, they don't even need to 'win' in the U.S. to have the number one spot globally, they just need to lose by less than the PS3 did, and let their inevitable European and Asia lead make up the difference.

With the Wii U, Nintendo might find itself in a late-PS3 position; difficulty pulling ahead of the Xbox One in the U.S. market, but with enough of a sales lead in the other markets to compensate. That's just hypothetical, of course; I'm curious to see the sales reports for the next few months, to see how long the MK8 boost lasts, and how much the X1's sales dip during the summer.

Zanten, Doer Of The Things

Unless He Forgets In Which Case Zanten, Forgetter Of The Things

Or He Procrascinates, In Which Case Zanten, Doer Of The Things Later

Or It Involves Moving Furniture, in Which Case Zanten, F*** You.

No.