By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Breaking: Ukraine airliner 'crash'

Vice President Joe Biden claims that it was shot down and it wasn't an accident. Possibly American citizens on board.

ABC and CNN reporting that a surface-to-air missile took the flight down.

And of course the black box is heading to Moscow.

"On my business card I am a corporate president. In my mind I am a game developer. But in my heart I am a gamer." - Satoru Iwata

Around the Network
BraveNewWorld said:
Vice President Joe Biden claims that it was shot down and it wasn't an accident. Possibly American citizens on board.

Moscow? Didn't it crash in Ukrainian territory?

Signature goes here!

TruckOSaurus said:
BraveNewWorld said:

Moscow? Didn't it crash in Ukrainian territory?

Russian sold---I mean Ukrainian Rebels got their hands on it.

"Of course, we most likely will give them to the Interstate Aviation Committee (IAC), to Moscow. High-level experts, who will be able to determine exactly the reason of the catastrophe, work there, though it is clear," Andrei Purgin said to Interfax.

http://abcnews.go.com/International/end-malaysia-airlines-black-box/story?id=24607538

"On my business card I am a corporate president. In my mind I am a game developer. But in my heart I am a gamer." - Satoru Iwata

What is the black box doing in Moscow? I thought these boxes go to the airline or at least the government of the country where it happened? 

crissindahouse said:

What is the black box doing in Moscow? I thought these boxes go to the airline or at least the government of the country where it happened? 

Because Putin does whatever the fuck he wants, thats why.

Around the Network

Because the rebels found it first and why exactly would they give it to the people shooting at them?

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Well if it goes to Moscow, then the story can be changed completely. Have Malaysia, USA, and Netherlands sent their investigation teams to accident location yet?

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

MoHasanie said:
Well if it goes to Moscow, then the story can be changed completely. Have Malaysia, USA, and Netherlands sent their investigation teams to accident location yet?

Faking black box records isn't smth that could be easily concealed, besides Ukraine is a part of IAC so its experts are likely to be part of the investigation team, international experts are probably will be observers at the very least. See incident over Smolyensk few years ago with Polish air force one.

Besides if it was shot down, I don't see anyone besides Ukrainian army who could possibly have the capability to do it over its own territory be it an accident or done deliberately. Don't understand what are their gains if the latter is true, unless they intended it will crash on Russian territory. DoS is suspiciously discreet over this. So after advising with old man Occam my bet it is a long line of stupid actions that lead to an accident. Pretty much 2001 incidenet with Tel Aviv-Novosibirsk flight.

Really sad, have been to Holland several times. Good people, nice airport in Amsterdam too. A horrible tragedy.

mai said:
MoHasanie said:

Faking black box records isn't smth that could be easily concealed, besides Ukraine is a part of IAC so its experts are likely to be part of the investigation team, international experts are probably will be observers at the very least. See incident over Smolyensk few years ago with Polish air force one.

I hope so. Russia could be to blame for this accident so that's why I am suspicious of what they will do. 

NNID: FrequentFlyer54