By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Anyone in the mood for TLOUR?

Tagged games:

Hynad said:
phaedruss said:
RubberWhistleHistle said:
i have it on ps3 and i didnt get passed like two hours after the intro. i dont know what it is. i tried to like the game but couldnt. is it really that good?

i know everybody has their own taste in video games. i dont like games that kind of play themselves. i dont like playing through a game just to get to a cutscene so i can see more story. tell me, is what makes this game so great just the story? i do want to see the story, but i dont know if i can get through the boring gameplay to see it. would i be better off just looking it up on youtube? i might give it a try again this summer because of all this buzz, but i really dont know if i could get through it.


It's decent for what it is, much better than the uncharted games. It's certainly not one of the greatest games ever made or any of that nonsense. 


Well, yes. It is. Alongside (personal picks:) Super Metroid, Metal Gear Solid, and Castlevania Symphony of the Night. To mention only a few.

I always think its wise to let a game sit for a while before you can throw it in the greatest games of all time pile. For example despite GTA4s scores a lot of people didn't like it and wonder what people were thinking when they reviewed it.



Around the Network
phaedruss said:
Hynad said:

No there are none. But you should look for a script that does just that. There's one around, somewhere. Look it up. But I suggest you try to work on the way you present your opinion to people. I know it requires more work on your part... That you'd have to admit that you're part of the problem beforehand...

What can I say? I'm an optimistic guy.

 

Thinking that The Last of Us isn't one of the best game ever is nonsense anyway. Why do I even bother. Right?

 

You didn't ask me to explain why I don't think it's that great of a game you just posted a link to some article about goty awards as though that proves something.


I've seen your input on things around the forums. And your opinion about anything really isn't interesting to me. Hence why I'm not asking you. 

My link just counters your claim that it's certain that the game isn't one of the greatest ever made. You just have a forceful way of expressing your opinion. You basically said that it's nonsence to consider it any other way. But maybe you don't realise the way you come across when you express yourself. Or maybe it's just me who's over-sensitive. Or maybe it's a bit of both. 

Or maybe it's 3:07am and I'm bored, tired, yet can't seem to find sleep. -__-

Personally, I think it's the first option.



Blob said:

I always think its wise to let a game sit for a while before you can throw it in the greatest games of all time pile. For example despite GTA4s scores a lot of people didn't like it and wonder what people were thinking when they reviewed it.


Yep exactly. It's crazy that people throw around "greatest game eva" so easily, kind of like how critics throw around 9's and 10's so much.



Hynad said:


I've seen your input on things around the forums. And your opinion about anything really isn't interesting to me. Hence why I'm not asking you. 

My link just counters your claim that it's certain that the game isn't one of the greatest ever made. You just have a forceful way of expressing your opinion. You basically said that it's nonsence to consider it any other way. But maybe you don't realise the way you come across when you express yourself. Or maybe it's just me who's over-sensitive. Or maybe it's a bit of both. 

Or maybe it's 3:07am and I'm bored, tired, yet can't seem to find sleep. -__-

Personally, I think it's the first option.

It's called rhetoric.

Besides I'm not sure why I can't express my opinion that it's nonsense.



Blob said:
Hynad said:
phaedruss said:

It's decent for what it is, much better than the uncharted games. It's certainly not one of the greatest games ever made or any of that nonsense. 


Well, yes. It is. Alongside (personal picks:) Super Metroid, Metal Gear Solid, and Castlevania Symphony of the Night. To mention only a few.

I always think its wise to let a game sit for a while before you can throw it in the greatest games of all time pile. For example despite GTA4s scores a lot of people didn't like it and wonder what people were thinking when they reviewed it.


The Last of Us left a way stronger impact on the people who played it than most other games you could give as such examples (like GTA4).
But I understand your point. I don't think it will apply to TLoU though. 



Around the Network
phaedruss said:
Hynad said:
phaedruss said:

You didn't ask me to explain why I don't think it's that great of a game you just posted a link to some article about goty awards as though that proves something.


I've seen your input on things around the forums. And your opinion about anything really isn't interesting to me. Hence why I'm not asking you. 

My link just counters your claim that it's certain that the game isn't one of the greatest ever made. You just have a forceful way of expressing your opinion. You basically said that it's nonsence to consider it any other way. But maybe you don't realise the way you come across when you express yourself. Or maybe it's just me who's over-sensitive. Or maybe it's a bit of both. 

Or maybe it's 3:07am and I'm bored, tired, yet can't seem to find sleep. -__-

Personally, I think it's the first option.

It's called rhetoric.

Indeed. And in this case, the persuasion "tone" comes across as forceful, shoved down people's throat, imposed. But it does lack meaningful content. I'll give you that much.



Hynad said:
phaedruss said:
Hynad said:
phaedruss said:

You didn't ask me to explain why I don't think it's that great of a game you just posted a link to some article about goty awards as though that proves something.


I've seen your input on things around the forums. And your opinion about anything really isn't interesting to me. Hence why I'm not asking you. 

My link just counters your claim that it's certain that the game isn't one of the greatest ever made. You just have a forceful way of expressing your opinion. You basically said that it's nonsence to consider it any other way. But maybe you don't realise the way you come across when you express yourself. Or maybe it's just me who's over-sensitive. Or maybe it's a bit of both. 

Or maybe it's 3:07am and I'm bored, tired, yet can't seem to find sleep. -__-

Personally, I think it's the first option.

It's called rhetoric.

Indeed. And in this case, the persuasion "tone" comes across as forceful, shoved down people's throat, imposed. But it does lack meaningful content. I'll give you that much.

So what? I don't truly expect anyone to come around to my opinion anyways, but i can express my opinion in the words that I deem appropriate to it.



phaedruss said:

So what? I don't truly expect anyone to come around to my opinion anyways, but i can express my opinion in the words that I deem appropriate to it.


Bah... At this point... Bored and tired as I am, and since this is going nowhere, why not ask you what you consider the best games ever made and why?

The Last of Us is certainly on my list. But since you say it's nonsense, let's see what your picks are... Maybe this pick of mine won't be as nonsensical as you say, after all.


And seriously, cut down the quote trees. No more than 3 comments per tree are tolerated here. 



Hynad said:




Bah... At this point... Bored and tired as I am, and since this is going nowhere, why not ask you what you consider the best games ever made and why?


And seriously, cut down the quote trees. No more than 3 comments per tree are tolerated here. 

You've done some yourself, why don't you let the mods worry about that mmmk. 

Super metroid, riven, baldurs gate 2, final fantasy tactics, fallout: new vegas, OoT, etc.



phaedruss said:
Hynad said:




Bah... At this point... Bored and tired as I am, and since this is going nowhere, why not ask you what you consider the best games ever made and why?


And seriously, cut down the quote trees. No more than 3 comments per tree are tolerated here. 

You've done some yourself, why don't you let the mods worry about that mmmk. 

Super metroid, riven, baldurs gate 2, final fantasy tactics, fallout: new vegas, OoT, etc.


I'm part of the community. It may not be my job to moderate users, but nothing prevents me from teaching you the forums etiquette since you seem oblivious to it.