By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Anyone in the mood for TLOUR?

Tagged games:

Nkh3 said:
Ahhh...Seeing all those people not liking or not being able to get into TLoU makes me sad.
Of course I understand it but it's such a good game to like.
I bought it expecting a very good game from NaughtyDog cause Uncharted was my favourite series this gen.
But it turned out to be a masterpiece and I was not expecting that.(apart from the introm the first 2-3
are a bit not exciting,)

I wonder how can people buy games and not play them.I don't buy many games but when I do, more or less, I know what I'm buying and finish all of them.
I believe that it has to do with buying too many games,When you buy a few games you don't buy each and every game that might seem interesting.You buy only the ones you really want and then there's no time for hating on games
(not that there's anybody here hating on TLoU, generally speaking)

The only games I don't finish are some ps plus games cause

1)they are games I don't want much,
2)there are too many distractions when you have ps plus, you know..all those games.

Exactly, everytime I buy one game I try to get from it it's best, so I end up appreciating almost all of them in their ways.
I barely remember games I didn't beated, just if I really really don't want to play them anymore because they won't fit me, but I at least try them some time before it, and give it at least one more time after some time.
On a note, when I started playing FF12 I didn't liked it at all and stopped playing it, them a couple weeks after I was wanting to play a game and I turned back to try it, and I ended up loving it. Just like FF13 and 13-2.
Some games start slow or with too much information to handle so people won't like them the first time they play, but it can turn into something great and you missed it because you didn't tried it enough.
It's like digging gold, you can dig for a whole day and find nothing, then stop and go home, but you must have missed a pile of gold withing some more hours of digging it... so give it a try.

Around the Network
bigjon said:
I am, I was hooked on Guild Wars 2 all last summer so I did not buy TLOU PS3.

Yeah, give it a try :)

MoHasanie said:
I wasn't before but after watching that trailer, I am excited.

The trailer itself not moved me, as I knew everything there, but the music just made me remember everything as if I was playing it again. That music is epic.

alabtrosMyster said:

What new trailer?

We have a thread about it here, check it (trailer included on the thread obviously xD): http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=186859&page=1

I'm still hoping they add crossplay between PS4 and PS3. I only play MP and all players are on PS3, man it would be awesome to get crossplay with PS3!

Around the Network
RubberWhistleHistle said:
i have it on ps3 and i didnt get passed like two hours after the intro. i dont know what it is. i tried to like the game but couldnt. is it really that good?

i know everybody has their own taste in video games. i dont like games that kind of play themselves. i dont like playing through a game just to get to a cutscene so i can see more story. tell me, is what makes this game so great just the story? i do want to see the story, but i dont know if i can get through the boring gameplay to see it. would i be better off just looking it up on youtube? i might give it a try again this summer because of all this buzz, but i really dont know if i could get through it.

The gameplay in the first two hours is pretty nonexistiant actually.  It is clear they are setting  the scene and it gradually evolves into a combination with the story and much more sophisticated combat gameplay.  I would reccomend that you try it on the hardest difficulty you feel wont make you ragequit since it gives you less ressources.  It might sound like a trivial thing but it truly makes it an entire different game as you have to very carefully weigh every decision you make because of scarce equipment and ammo. People dont think of gameplay when talking about the last of us but i truly think that it is one of the rare titles these that when willing to test yourself on highest difficulty it doesnt treat you like an idiot and actually forces you to do stealth while having  a flavour of luck..  It is truly the best game i played this gen alongside fallout 3

No.

With all the worship this game is getting, I'm thinking about sitting down one saturday and watching "TLOU: The Movie" on Youtube. I don't have a PS3, don;t have the time or money set aside to justify getting one, and I'm almost definitely not getting a PS4. This is why console rentals would be so nice. Or PSNow, come to think of it...

torok said:
I'm still hoping they add crossplay between PS4 and PS3. I only play MP and all players are on PS3, man it would be awesome to get crossplay with PS3!

That's actually a nice idea, can they cross the servers without doing a lot of work? That would be amazing!
But PS4 players would have the little upper hand with the double FPS.

BraLoD said:
torok said:

That's actually a nice idea, can they cross the servers without doing a lot of work? That would be amazing!
But PS4 players would have the little upper hand with the double FPS.

It's a slower paced and tatic MP. Actually being stealth is the better approach when alone and teamwork and concentrade fire are the top notch strategy on groups (usually with a stealth member flanking the enemy team). But they won't even import the player levels from the PS3 version and I'm at 380 there and not that animated with the idea of starting from scratch.

But I understand this re-release isn't for me. It's for the gamers that didn't had a PS3 or didn't bought the game, so in this case it's hard to recommend the PS3 version over the new one, even the price isn't bad because the PS4 game comes with all DLCs and the PS3 season pass ended last month, so getting the PS3 version and the DLCs separated would be more expensive anyway.