By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Are you ready for the Destiny Beta to start!?(PS4 & PS3) About 2 more hours to go!

So?

Hell ya! 42 63.64%

Woooooo! 3 4.55%

Yessssss! 2 3.03%

Yes sir! 4 6.06%

What!? 1 1.52%

I don't own a system that can play it..... 5 7.58%

hmmmm 0 0%

Maybe... 2 3.03%

No! 3 4.55%

lol another fps. I'm to good for it! 4 6.06%

Total:66

So, is everyone ready for the destiny beta to launch tomorrow for the ps systems? Are you excited! I am! I loved the alpha. I shall be a hunter. You can add me on psn if you like. SilentRain123 is my psn and I'll be playing on the ps4.

Beta Faq:

Q. Hey, what is the Destiny Beta?
The Destiny Beta is your chance to play Destiny and give us invaluable data and feedback prior to launch on September 9th, 2014. The Beta will include character creation, story missions, cooperative and social activities, competitive multiplayer, and more.
The Destiny Beta is available on the PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, Xbox One, and Xbox 360. You can reserve a spot by pre-ordering Destiny from participating retailers.
Q. Great! When is this glorious Destiny Beta of which you speak?
On PS4 and PS3, the Destiny Beta will begin on July 17th at 10AM PDT.
On Xbox One and Xbox 360, the Destiny Beta will begin on July 23rd at 10AM PDT.
The Destiny Beta will be OFFLINE for maintenance on all systems from July 21st and July 22nd PDT.
The Destiny Beta will close at end of the day on July 26th PDT.
Q. Do I get something cool for playing the Destiny Beta?
Yup! Play the Destiny Beta on Saturday, July 26th, beginning at 8PM PDT, to earn an exclusive emblem for the retail version of Destiny. We’ll also be delivering some fun and unexpected surprises throughout the Beta!
Q. I have a Destiny Beta code. Where do I redeem it?
Go to http://bungie.net/beta and follow the instructions!
Q. I’ve already redeemed my Destiny Beta code on Bungie.net. Now what?
On July 10th, you’ll be able to visit your profile page on Bungie.net and select the platform of your choice. For PlayStation systems, you’ll also need to select a region.
On July 17th, we’ll begin emailing PlayStation players the Destiny Beta codes.
On July 23rd, we’ll begin emailing Xbox players their Destiny Beta codes.
Destiny Beta codes will also be visible via your Account Profile/Redeemed Codes page, secured behind your login credentials.
Q. Which console platforms can I choose from?
Destiny is officially available for pre-order on PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, Xbox One, and Xbox 360.  The Beta will also support all four platforms. Your Destiny Beta Code will grant you access to one of these platforms.  

You will be able to select your preferred platform, prior to the Destiny Beta live date in 2014.  Your choice of platform for the Beta is not tied to the platform you have pre-ordered, and you will be able to select your preferred platform prior to generating your Destiny Beta download code.
If you pre-ordered digitally from the PlayStation Store, you do not require a Destiny Beta code.
Q. I live in a country that is participating in the Beta, but my country isn’t in the Americas or Europe. Which code region should I select for my platform/region?
If you are in Japan, the Destiny Beta is PS4 only.  You do not require a code to participate.
For everybody else, select Europe as your region.  And yes, we know Australia isn’t a part of Europe.  Select Europe anyway.  Love, Bungie.
Q. Will the Destiny Beta require PlayStation Plus or Xbox LIVE Gold?
Xbox LIVE Gold is required to download and play on Xbox platforms. PlayStation Plus is required for some activities on PlayStation platforms. Trial accounts for both platforms are fully supported. Destiny also requires a broadband internet connection.
There is currently an issue where if you attempt to download the Destiny Beta on an Xbox system using a profile that is not Gold-enabled you will receive the following system error:
We couldn't find your code
Try again in a while, or contact the code provider for more info.
SVC60017
Make sure your Xbox Live account is Gold-enabled to avoid seeing this error when downloading the Destiny Beta. If you continue to see this error please contact Xbox Customer Support.

Q. I own both a PlayStation and an Xbox. Can I claim multiple codes if I want to play the Destiny Beta on multiple console platforms? 
Yes. You may claim as many as four Destiny Beta download codes – one for each supported console. Each will require a separate pre-order at a participating retailer.
Q. I’ve already pre-ordered. Where can I locate my Destiny Beta code that I redeem on Bungie.net?
Thank you! If you pre-ordered on October 1st, 2013 or later, the code is either printed on the receipt, on a flyer you should have received at time of purchase, or sent to you via email through a retail rewards program.  
The code is 9 digits in the following format:  XXX-XXX-XXX
The timing for the delivery of your code varies by retailer. If not instantaneous, you’ll receive your code in the weeks before the Beta test begins.
PlayStation Store digital pre-orders and participants in Japan do not require a beta code or registration process.
Q. My Bungie code didn’t work!  Who should I contact for support?
Please verify that you are entering the correct 9-digit code. If you are receiving an error message, please copy it down, and contact customer support for assistance.  

Error codes and information can be obtained during the code redemption process.
Q. I can’t read my 9-digit Bungie code, or I’ve lost it! What do I do?
Please contact your retailer directly for support. Bungie cannot reprint retailer codes.
If you still experience problems, please contact customer support for assistance.  

Q. I am getting the error “Too Many Failed Attempts. You may try again in 24 hours.” What do I do?
For your security, if too many incorrect codes have been entered your account will be locked from entering codes for 24 hours. This lock will be removed automatically after 24 hours after which you can enter codes again. Customer Service will not be able to remove this lock any earlier.
Q. How do I create a Bungie.net Account?
Go to http://bungie.net/beta and follow the instructions. You will need to select from one of four official authentication platforms using a valid email address. 

Your account is required to gain entrance in the Destiny Beta, so please use valid information, and never share your personal data with anyone.

http://www.bungie.net/en/View/Bungie/DestinyBetaFAQ- Some other stuff is here

Further FAQ-by me lol

Q:I don't have a code and Amazon/other is not giving them out anymore! What do I do!? Help!!!!!

Well, there are three beta codes per redeem. So maybe, someone will have extras. I have some, but I'm PS4 America's so just tell me in the thread if you need one.

Q: What class should I play as?

Hunter!

Q:Why?

They are awesome!

Q:What is the level cap?

It's not known at this moment yet.

Q: Will progress transfer over from the beta to the final game?

Bungie is still looking into it. So, not sure.

Around the Network

What is the difference between this and the alpha?

It apparently starts at 10am PDT, which is 7pm for me... sigh

DeadBigfoot21 said:
What is the difference between this and the alpha?

There seems to be more content then the alpha. Level cap, more maps, etc. It's also on  all 4 platforms instead of just the ps4 like the alpha was.

Yup, ready and excited. Didn't get to the alpha, so going in fresh.

Anyone wants to hook up for team, add me Filip_Kackiewicz.

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!

Around the Network
eFKac said:

Are you playing on the ps4?

As a person who has never cared for games in the FP view, I'm still interested. After all, all I had to do was preorder the game and can cancel whenever I want at no cost.

I don't own a system that can play it. In that I will not let any bit of the game ever touch anything I own.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

BloodyRain said:
eFKac said:

Are you playing on the ps4?

Duh

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!

I need to preorder to get into the beta?

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!