By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - NOA Club Nintendo Gold And Platinum Prizes Revealed

Shadow1980 said:

Oooh. Earthbound. I've been meaning to get that.

"Requires Platinum"

Well damn. I only have 500 coins.

EDIT: Nevermind, I have 90 coins worth of surveys to finish. Then I just need to download another game and *BOOM!* free Earthbound.

Hate to be the bearer of bad news so....

"The deadline for Platinum Status has passed.  Any coins you earn now will go towards next year's rewards."

Around the Network

hmm strange all the complaints...i only own earthbound on that list and i am also a platinum member

Baddman said:
hmm strange all the complaints...i only own earthbound on that list and i am also a platinum member

In my defense, I complained the last couple of years too.  Got a Zelda CD last year (mostly because all of the other stuff sucked) and I think I got a digital copy of Majora's Mask the year before that.  The reason is that they used to give away some pretty awesome stuff.  Also, doing all of those surveys and registering all of those games is work!  Yeah, Nintendo doesn't have to give us anything but at the same time, I've spent HOURS registering games over the past several years.  We sit here daydreaming about what Nintendo might give us (I was hoping for a giant Link from "Link Betweeen Worlds" to place on the wall in my game room.  At the very least, something that's not available anywhere else.  Some merch!  Instead, I get to choose a Nintendo game I didn't think was worth owning because I registered a shit ton of Nintendo software to earn it.

It's like going to Taco Bell because I love tacos and then getting a McDonald's cheeseburger for free.  If I wanted McDonald's, I would have gone there instead.  If I wanted Dr. Luigi, I would have purchased it and registered it by now!!  Hell, a lot of those 8-bit games were given for free already.  There's some great stuff available (That DKCR for 3DS is a MUST for anybody that doesn't own it yet) but to go Platinum in the first place means that you had to buy a ton of first party stuff.  Hell, Kid Icarus is available right now if you redeem 200 coins.  Why save for a year to buy a game that's available to somebody that's available for far less?

yeah I'd be lying if i said i wasn't slightly disappointed as i was hoping for some type of figurine...but i figured they wouldn't do that with the amiibo coming soon and what not . but i'd take a free game any day...even if i'm not that big of a donkey kong country fan(jungle beat>>>>>_____) im actually thinking between donkey kong, fluidity, dillon, and dr luigi and possibly game and wario but that game just looks like shit

im gold status so which game would you recommend, kid icarus, zelda II or ice climbers?

Around the Network

I don't even know how to react to this.. This is a joke right? Reggie is gonna jump out and yell "Surprise! Here's the real prizes!" right? If this is what Club Nintendo has become, I'm not even going to both with it anymore.

8th gen predictions. (made early 2014)
PS4: 60-65m
WiiU: 30-35m
X1: 30-35m
3DS: 80-85m
PSV: 15-20m

I have a suggestion for Platinum Prizes next year, since they're releasing a Gamecube adapter with Super Smash Bros. this holiday, they should re-release these controllers, and debut them in North America.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

I am glad i forgot to register games to get enough for platinum. Download only games isn't much a prize i think :(

If anyone doesnt want their platinum trophy I can take it from your hands gladly, for myself I choose Donkey Kong 3d

Thanks Blacksaber for the sig                  Tag:"Nintendo es toda la diversión de esta generación"

I'm not sure why I can't download the game, I just became a platinum member?