By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Gran Turismo should be laid to rest.

Forza had the most manfacturers in any racing game (over 80) I'm pretty sure that most of the brands that didn't make the cut for 5 will return in 6 along with the new manfactrers they added in 5 so 6 will again be the racing game with the most manufacturers. 

Around the Network

Please no... there is no better sim racer.

Chris Hu said:

Forza had the most manfacturers in any racing game (over 80) I'm pretty sure that most of the brands that didn't make the cut for 5 will return in 6 along with the new manfactrers they added in 5 so 6 will again be the racing game with the most manufacturers. 

Wrong again. 87 for Forza 4 and over 90 (I believe 95 or 96) for GT6. That number for GT6 will increase as more concept cars get released this year.

You're just dead wrong on your other post. And why didn't you just cut down the quote tree from our original conversation? Was there really a need to make two more posts?

I am the Playstation Avenger.

Chris Hu said:

Mey, Forza had its fair share of concept cars also Forza 3 and 4 actually has one of my favorite concept cars of all times the 2010 Bertone Mantinde.  Also since Forza 3 it has better car customizaton then GT you have custom paint jobs and decals, more upgradeable parts, more tuneable parts, conversion changes and engine swaps, plus more body kits.  Plus even with its limted roster Forza 5 has a better lineup of Maserati's on top of that they had something that GT never had Porsches.

How so?  Forza 4 had 1 concept car, Forza 5 has zero, and GT6 has 32?? (Full Disclosure, unless they specifically use the term Concept, I wouldn't have counted, because I just searched Concept on each page heh).

http://www.gran-turismo.com/local/jp/data1/products/gt6/carlist_en.html - 32 Concept Cars

http://forzamotorsport4.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_Cars - 1 Concept Car (Miura)

http://forzamotorsport.wikia.com/wiki/Forza_Motorsport_5/Car_List - 0 Concept cars

Both of the Forza's appear to have all the DLC cars included (and noted as DLC), so not sure where you're getting your information from.  It doesn't appear to be either from Forza's website, or Gran Turismo's.  Where are you getting the concept info for Forza 4?

Chris Hu said:
Assyrian612 said:
No way do you ever compare Forza (which never touched GT in any category), Project Cars (Could care less), and Drive Club (A game with a fraction of GT). What you are essentially saying is give me less quality and I'll be happy. No thanks, I love every single GT game and I love GT 6. Although it shouldn't have ever released on PS3, Polyphony needed to bite the bullet once to feel the harshness of milking a franchise. Once GT 7 comes out, we'll see those who complained come back in droves. Gran Turismo is a proven simulator, everything else are ARCADE like racing games.

Nope Forza always has a better variety of cars GT has too many Skylines/GTR's and too many other duplicate cars.

Hardly the case, but nice try though.

Around the Network

lol. What silly reasonings and a even more sillier solution.

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

Chris Hu said:
Michael-5 said:

What other racing sim lets you drive so many 90's and 00's cars? Who cars if they are in "standard resolution" they are there, and I can race them againsts brand new cars.

GT should always stay around, so should Forza (even though a new game every 2 years is excessive).

Looking forward to racing my 2001 Acura CL Type-S or a 1998 Civic Si Type R against a modern Civic, and pwning it (since they haven't added hp in Civics for 15 years, but added weight).

Heck I love how GT has so many old cars, I can really compare cars I/my friends own against newer cars. That Nissan 300ZX fro 1998 looks amazing, but how much slower is it then a BMW 135i?

Every two years is not execessive that is their typical development cycle there are more then enough new cars coming out in a two years span to justify a new game every two years plus there are a ton of old cars that haven't been in Forza game and now that they added open wheel cars they have a even bigger pool of old cars to choose from.  The only segment where they almost have had all the good ones worth putting in a game is muscle cars and maybe Ferrari but other then that there are plenty of cars that haven't been in a Forza game yet.

It is excessive considering that very very few new cars release within 2 years, and those few cars could easily be supplimented with DLC. Old cars can also be supplimented with DLC (or they could do like GT and just keep old standard models).

Gran Turismo and Forza are 100+ hour games, to finish a game within 2 years would mean to play it for 10 minutes a day every day (or an hour every 6 days). If I only play 4-5 hours a week, that means I would need to play 1 single game, 20-25% of my gaming time to finish it. That's too much, plus lets not forget people who own both franchises, or those who play Forza Horizon/Need for Speed/GRID, etc.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

mornelithe said:
Chris Hu said:

Mey, Forza had its fair share of concept cars also Forza 3 and 4 actually has one of my favorite concept cars of all times the 2010 Bertone Mantinde.  Also since Forza 3 it has better car customizaton then GT you have custom paint jobs and decals, more upgradeable parts, more tuneable parts, conversion changes and engine swaps, plus more body kits.  Plus even with its limted roster Forza 5 has a better lineup of Maserati's on top of that they had something that GT never had Porsches.

How so?  Forza 4 had 1 concept car, Forza 5 has zero, and GT6 has 32?? (Full Disclosure, unless they specifically use the term Concept, I wouldn't have counted, because I just searched Concept on each page heh).

http://www.gran-turismo.com/local/jp/data1/products/gt6/carlist_en.html - 32 Concept Cars

http://forzamotorsport4.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_Cars - 1 Concept Car (Miura)

http://forzamotorsport.wikia.com/wiki/Forza_Motorsport_5/Car_List - 0 Concept cars

Both of the Forza's appear to have all the DLC cars included (and noted as DLC), so not sure where you're getting your information from.  It doesn't appear to be either from Forza's website, or Gran Turismo's.  Where are you getting the concept info for Forza 4?

Forza 4 has more then 1 concept car the 2011 Bertone Mantide is a concept car and the 2010 Devon GTX is a concept car I'm pretty sure there are couple more if have a closer look at the full roster of cars.

adriane23 said:
Chris Hu said:

Wrong again. 87 for Forza 4 and over 90 (I believe 95 or 96) for GT6. That number for GT6 will increase as more concept cars get released this year.

You're just dead wrong on your other post. And why didn't you just cut down the quote tree from our original conversation? Was there really a need to make two more posts?

The number for GT6 is misleading since they count turner such as Nissmo and Mugen as different car brands when in reality they are just tuned Nissans and Hondas.

Assyrian612 said:
Chris Hu said:
Assyrian612 said:
No way do you ever compare Forza (which never touched GT in any category), Project Cars (Could care less), and Drive Club (A game with a fraction of GT). What you are essentially saying is give me less quality and I'll be happy. No thanks, I love every single GT game and I love GT 6. Although it shouldn't have ever released on PS3, Polyphony needed to bite the bullet once to feel the harshness of milking a franchise. Once GT 7 comes out, we'll see those who complained come back in droves. Gran Turismo is a proven simulator, everything else are ARCADE like racing games.

Nope Forza always has a better variety of cars GT has too many Skylines/GTR's and too many other duplicate cars.

Hardly the case, but nice try though.

No its the case, even Inside Sim Racing is getting tired of the ton of duplicate cars in GT games.