By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Gran Turismo should be laid to rest.

Chris Hu said:
adriane23 said:
Chris Hu said:
adriane23 said:
Chris Hu said:
adriane23 said:
Chris Hu said:

Forza had the most manfacturers in any racing game (over 80) I'm pretty sure that most of the brands that didn't make the cut for 5 will return in 6 along with the new manfactrers they added in 5 so 6 will again be the racing game with the most manufacturers. 

Wrong again. 87 for Forza 4 and over 90 (I believe 95 or 96) for GT6. That number for GT6 will increase as more concept cars get released this year.

You're just dead wrong on your other post. And why didn't you just cut down the quote tree from our original conversation? Was there really a need to make two more posts?

The number for GT6 is misleading since they count turner such as Nissmo and Mugen as different car brands when in reality they are just tuned Nissans and Hondas.

A Lexus is just a tuned Toyota by your logic (you could also add Infiniti, SRT, and even Cadillac to that). And if that's the case, the numbers for both games go down.

SRT is just a tuning wing of Dodge.  Infiniti and Cadillac are seperate brands of Nissan and GM respectively that is why they have their own dealerships. 

Wrong again (how many is that now?). SRT is its own brand now. The SRT Viper is their in-house car and the Dodge and Chrysler vehicles will have tuned versions called SRT [insert model name] instead of using the old Dodge/Chrysler branding.

SRT still doesn't have its own dealerships.  Infiniti and Cadillac do.  As for the Viper its alway been somewhat of its own brand even though in Forza games some Vipers are with Dodge and some are in a seperate Viper category.

Yet. It's only been three years. Cadillac and Infiniti didn't start out with their own dealerships either. You're just reaching for anything now and it's clear that you're struggling to come up with anything relevant to say at this point. I'll leave you alone now.

I am the Playstation Avenger.

Around the Network
adriane23 said:
Chris Hu said:
adriane23 said:
Chris Hu said:
adriane23 said:
Chris Hu said:
adriane23 said:
Chris Hu said:

Forza had the most manfacturers in any racing game (over 80) I'm pretty sure that most of the brands that didn't make the cut for 5 will return in 6 along with the new manfactrers they added in 5 so 6 will again be the racing game with the most manufacturers. 

Wrong again. 87 for Forza 4 and over 90 (I believe 95 or 96) for GT6. That number for GT6 will increase as more concept cars get released this year.

You're just dead wrong on your other post. And why didn't you just cut down the quote tree from our original conversation? Was there really a need to make two more posts?

The number for GT6 is misleading since they count turner such as Nissmo and Mugen as different car brands when in reality they are just tuned Nissans and Hondas.

A Lexus is just a tuned Toyota by your logic (you could also add Infiniti, SRT, and even Cadillac to that). And if that's the case, the numbers for both games go down.

SRT is just a tuning wing of Dodge.  Infiniti and Cadillac are seperate brands of Nissan and GM respectively that is why they have their own dealerships. 

Wrong again (how many is that now?). SRT is its own brand now. The SRT Viper is their in-house car and the Dodge and Chrysler vehicles will have tuned versions called SRT [insert model name] instead of using the old Dodge/Chrysler branding.

SRT still doesn't have its own dealerships.  Infiniti and Cadillac do.  As for the Viper its alway been somewhat of its own brand even though in Forza games some Vipers are with Dodge and some are in a seperate Viper category.

Yet. It's only been three years. Cadillac and Infiniti didn't start out with their own dealerships either. You're just reaching for anything now and it's clear that you're struggling to come up with anything relevant to say at this point. I'll leave you alone now.

Cadillac always had its own dealership you are forgetting that it was an independed brand before it got aquired by GM not sure about Infiniti.

Chris Hu said:
adriane23 said:
Chris Hu said:
adriane23 said:
Chris Hu said:
adriane23 said:
Chris Hu said:
adriane23 said:
Chris Hu said:

Cadillac always had its own dealership you are forgetting that it was an independed brand before it got aquired by GM not sure about Infiniti.

FIrst of all, they were by order only when they were their own company. When they were bought by GM, they still didn't have their own separate dealerships in the beginning. That wouldn't have even made sense at the time and they didn't even build enough types of cars to justify that. As a matter of fact, it wasn't until the eighties that dealerships really sprang up in numbers. Almost all cars were by order because it was more practical back then (before the eighties) to build cars as needed.

Infiniti started out as a new "luxury" brand being sold at Nissan dealerships because they were basically rebranded Nissan vehicles at the time. It was a name made specifically for the U.S. market, and they trickled in the vehicles to test the market. It would've made no sense to come out with dedicated dealerships when the brand was first introduced. The brand was very popular though and it only took about a year before the very first dealership came about.

Okay, now I'm done.

Cadillac alreay sold over 2,000 cars in their second year in existance in 1903 so dealerships for it more then likely showed up a lot sooner then you think.

Chris Hu said:

Says someone that probably never played a Forza game I played both and almost played all the games in both franchises expect for the first Forza game and GT6 and GT PSP and the prolouge games.  As far as car variety goes Forza has alway done a better job.

How do you know I've never played a Forza game? It's not smart to make assumptions it gets you no where in life. I've played Gt 1 - 6,  Metropolis Street Racer, Tokyo Extreme Racer 0 - 3, Sega Gt, Project Gotham Racing, and Forza series. As car variety goes nothing touches Gran Turismo, last I checked your precious car manufacturers are gracing their gorgeous Vision GT concepts in GT 6. Until Forza is comparable in any sense to Gran Turismo, the argument of Forza car varieties is as laughable as the inteiror cock pit views in Forza.    Next...

Around the Network
Chris Hu said:

Cadillac alreay sold over 2,000 cars in their second year in existance in 1903 so dealerships for it more then likely showed up a lot sooner then you think.

More than likely??? There were NO Cadillac dealerships when they were their own company. That's a fact. Those 2,000 cars were all ordered like most cars were back then.

This topic has strayed from its initial purpose and the thread seems to have run its course so I'm going to lock it.

Signature goes here!

Assyrian612 said:
Chris Hu said:

Says someone that probably never played a Forza game I played both and almost played all the games in both franchises expect for the first Forza game and GT6 and GT PSP and the prolouge games.  As far as car variety goes Forza has alway done a better job.

How do you know I've never played a Forza game? It's not smart to make assumptions it gets you no where in life. I've played Gt 1 - 6,  Metropolis Street Racer, Tokyo Extreme Racer 0 - 3, Sega Gt, Project Gotham Racing, and Forza series. As car variety goes nothing touches Gran Turismo, last I checked your precious car manufacturers are gracing their gorgeous Vision GT concepts in GT 6. Until Forza is comparable in any sense to Gran Turismo, the argument of Forza car varieties is as laughable as the inteiror cock pit views in Forza.    Next...

I assume that you mostly like Skylines and Japanese cars then because that is the only area where GT really shines when it comes to car selection and even there there are some cars in Forza that haven't been in GT like the RX-3 and the first geration RX-7.  Also you saying that you played Forza really doesn't mean or proof a thing.  For my part all you have to do is look at my sig to find out that I at least played GT5, Forza 2,3,4,5 and Horizon.