By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Gran Turismo should be laid to rest.

Chris Hu said:
Assyrian612 said:
No way do you ever compare Forza (which never touched GT in any category), Project Cars (Could care less), and Drive Club (A game with a fraction of GT). What you are essentially saying is give me less quality and I'll be happy. No thanks, I love every single GT game and I love GT 6. Although it shouldn't have ever released on PS3, Polyphony needed to bite the bullet once to feel the harshness of milking a franchise. Once GT 7 comes out, we'll see those who complained come back in droves. Gran Turismo is a proven simulator, everything else are ARCADE like racing games.

Nope Forza always has a better variety of cars GT has too many Skylines/GTR's and too many other duplicate cars.

That's not true actually. Even if you exclude the model year clones and the euro/japanese/american doppelgangers, GT's selection is still more varied than Forza's. Forza JUST got it's first open wheel cars in Forza 5.

I am the Playstation Avenger.

Around the Network
adriane23 said:
Chris Hu said:
Assyrian612 said:
No way do you ever compare Forza (which never touched GT in any category), Project Cars (Could care less), and Drive Club (A game with a fraction of GT). What you are essentially saying is give me less quality and I'll be happy. No thanks, I love every single GT game and I love GT 6. Although it shouldn't have ever released on PS3, Polyphony needed to bite the bullet once to feel the harshness of milking a franchise. Once GT 7 comes out, we'll see those who complained come back in droves. Gran Turismo is a proven simulator, everything else are ARCADE like racing games.

Nope Forza always has a better variety of cars GT has too many Skylines/GTR's and too many other duplicate cars.

That's not true actually. Even if you exclude the model year clones and the euro/japanese/american doppelgangers, GT's selection is still more varied than Forza's. Forza JUST got it's first open wheel cars in Forza 5.

Even with its limited roster Forza 5 still has a better variety of cars then most GT games I fully aware that 5 was the first Forza game with open wheel cars and they already have a better variety of those also since they have open wheel cars from the 30's, 50s, 60s, 70s and this decade I'm sure they will add open wheel cars from the 80's, 90s and the past decade in Forza 6. 

What other racing sim lets you drive so many 90's and 00's cars? Who cars if they are in "standard resolution" they are there, and I can race them againsts brand new cars.

GT should always stay around, so should Forza (even though a new game every 2 years is excessive).

Looking forward to racing my 2001 Acura CL Type-S or a 1998 Civic Si Type R against a modern Civic, and pwning it (since they haven't added hp in Civics for 15 years, but added weight).

Heck I love how GT has so many old cars, I can really compare cars I/my friends own against newer cars. That Nissan 300ZX fro 1998 looks amazing, but how much slower is it then a BMW 135i?

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Hell No Sony should keep making grand turimo series cause its the # 1 selling racing game and #2 is need for speed series.

While it is true the quality of the game has dipped with each iteration since GT4, the games still sell well and have large fanbases behind them. It would be a stupid business decision to end the series, but I can understand your sentiment.

Around the Network
Chris Hu said:
adriane23 said:
Chris Hu said:
Assyrian612 said:

Even with its limited roster Forza 5 still has a better variety of cars then most GT games I fully aware that 5 was the first Forza game with open wheel cars and they already have a better variety of those also since they have open wheel cars from the 30's, 50s, 60s, 70s and this decade I'm sure they will add open wheel cars from the 80's, 90s and the past decade in Forza 6. 

No it doesn't. Match up the car lists (and take out the redundancies from GT) and you'll see what I mean. The concept cars alone put GT ahead.

I am the Playstation Avenger.

Lol @ this thread.

1 and 2 were amazing. 3 and 4 was crazy good. 5 was cool, but it takes too long to load. Never played 6.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

lol the best racer put to rest ? you sure have a lot of time to think in nonsense.

adriane23 said:
Chris Hu said:
adriane23 said:
Chris Hu said:
Assyrian612 said:

No it doesn't. Match up the car lists (and take out the redundancies from GT) and you'll see what I mean. The concept cars alone put GT ahead.

Mey, Forza had its fair share of concept cars also Forza 3 and 4 actually has one of my favorite concept cars of all times the 2010 Bertone Mantinde.  Also since Forza 3 it has better car customizaton then GT you have custom paint jobs and decals, more upgradeable parts, more tuneable parts, conversion changes and engine swaps, plus more body kits.  Plus even with its limted roster Forza 5 has a better lineup of Maserati's on top of that they had something that GT never had Porsches.