Tagged games:

Next Metroid for WiiU or 3DS?

WiiU! 268 65.69%

3DS! 24 5.88%

Both! 57 13.97%

None! 9 2.21%

XBONE! 49 12.01%

Total:407

I'd love to see a 2.5D Metroid on the Wii U with lush graphics like Trine 2 and multiple planets.

Around the Network

I chose both because I think 3DS could benefit a Metroid game too though Wii U might need it a little more. I did sort of gather Wii U would get the most votes and people would stupidly go for Xbox One and if they are serious then you can keep waiting cuz that's never going to happen.

I don't mind what Metroid we get and I like both 2D and 3D. Maybe they should do 2.5D sort of like New Super Mario Bros is, but obviously it would be it's own style, but still very much be like Metroid that fans love.

spemanig said:

Couldn't agree more. He can stick with tomodatchi the rest of his life.

Yup. He seems to be doing a good job with Tomodatchi, so why not?

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

If they turned Retro loose and allowed them for make a super AAA FPS Metroid with large multiplayer maps, Nintendo would have a massive success that really could capture a large part of the COD/Halo audience.

Have the single player focus on creating the same setting and atmosphere that encourages exploration, and have the multiplayer focus on hectic FPS action. Morph balls,grapples, and visors would add new strategies that you just don't get in other games.

Yes I'm aware the Prime series experimented with MP, but it wasn't nearly like MP of today.

Well, i'm kinda dissapointed with the 3DS votes. We all expected WiiU to get most votes but Xbone getting even more love than 3DS now? Lol Microsoft might wanna try out Metroid.

Around the Network

Xbone?? Ouya pls

I know... my English sucks.

AZWification said:

Yup. He seems to be doing a good job with Tomodatchi, so why not?

You know you want it...

gatito said:
Just give us a 2D game for 3DS (lol), a FPS spinoff and then Metroid Prime 4 in all its glory.

/thread

"You should be banned. Youre clearly flaming the president and even his brother who you know nothing about. Dont be such a partisan hack"

If I had to pick one, I'd choose a 2D Metroid. Metroid needs a game to regain its footing, and a 2D Metroid on the 3DS (somewhat ironic) and Wii U would be a fantastic way of doing so, particularly something that finally deals with Fusion's stupid 12 year old cliffhanger. Can't imagine it would be particularly hard to put it on both systems either.

When it finally does return to 3D, I'd honestly prefer another stab at 3rd person. The Prime series is utterly fantastic, but I get the sense that Retro did nearly everything there was to be done with a first person Metroid. If it has to be first person, don't make it Prime 4. Make it a Prime style game set somewhere else in the timeline; or, even better, a Prime style game controlling a new character.

A 3rd person Metroid, meanwhile, has been nowhere near fully explored, and given a full control scheme to work with, as well as a return to exploration and a not insipid story, could be something fantastic.

MTZehvor said:
If I had to pick one, I'd choose a 2D Metroid. Metroid needs a game to regain its footing, and a 2D Metroid on the 3DS (somewhat ironic) and Wii U would be a fantastic way of doing so, particularly something that finally deals with Fusion's stupid 12 year old cliffhanger. Can't imagine it would be particularly hard to put it on both systems either.

When it finally does return to 3D, I'd honestly prefer another stab at 3rd person. The Prime series is utterly fantastic, but I get the sense that Retro did nearly everything there was to be done with a first person Metroid. If it has to be first person, don't make it Prime 4. Make it a Prime style game set somewhere else in the timeline; or, even better, a Prime style game controlling a new character.

A 3rd person Metroid, meanwhile, has been nowhere near fully explored, and given a full control scheme to work with, as well as a return to exploration and a not insipid story, could be something fantastic.

Whoa.  That would actually be cool.  So long as it was a badass lady like Samus.  Don't need no mens in my Metroid.

"You should be banned. Youre clearly flaming the president and even his brother who you know nothing about. Dont be such a partisan hack"