By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The one videogame genre that you never get into.(Poll inside!)

I never understood the brilliance of..

Rpgs 33 6.37%

Racing games 32 6.18%

Action games 1 0.19%

Platform 10 1.93%

Fighting 42 8.11%

Sport 128 24.71%

Tactical-Strategy 46 8.88%

Rythm-Music 77 14.86%

Fps 109 21.04%

Other 40 7.72%

Total:518
DolPhanTendo said:
First Person Shooter right here. Do not like them, they are all the same to me. No one tries anything different in this genre, it's all the same just different enemies

Have you tried Bioshock games?Or the Metroid series even if it is considered more as hybrid between genres?

Around the Network

Sport games as I don't like sports (on the whole) and if I did, I'd much rather play the sport itself. Extreme sport games are an exception to this as I suck at skateboarding and can't afford to be snowboarding anywhere near as frequently as I'd like.

JRPGs are another I can't understand the appeal of; random battles, stupidly long cut scenes, nonsensical plots and no real gameplay to speak of- why do people like them?

ToxicJosh said:
Sport games as I don't like sports (on the whole) and if I did, I'd much rather play the sport itself. Extreme sport games are an exception to this as I suck at skateboarding and can't afford to be snowboarding anywhere near as frequently as I'd like.

JRPGs are another I can't understand the appeal of; random battles, stupidly long cut scenes, nonsensical plots and no real gameplay to speak of- why do people like them?

Jprps are usually pretty big,some have a lot of memorable charachters and many people seem to dig turn based combat more.Have you tried playing a non realistic sports game?Some of them are a lot of fun especially with others.

nicktwilight said:

Kinda of expected that sports games get all that hate because annual releases have really hurt their image the last few years.I prefer more arcade kind of sports than the simulation one's.Nintendo has done a good job in that part with Strikers being the highlight for me.

I actually enjoy the more arcade-like sports game as well! NBA Jam is a good example of a sports game I really enjoy playing!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

I hated RPG's when I was young in the early '90's. I grew much more fond of them as the '90s progressed and into the 2000's would actually say I liked them. So I like RPG's now, but I hate almost all modern JRPG's with a few exceptions.  I also hate 99% of japanese animation.

Around the Network
AZWification said:
nicktwilight said:

Kinda of expected that sports games get all that hate because annual releases have really hurt their image the last few years.I prefer more arcade kind of sports than the simulation one's.Nintendo has done a good job in that part with Strikers being the highlight for me.

I actually enjoy the more arcade-like sports game as well! NBA Jam is a good example of a sports game I really enjoy playing!

I wouldn't really count those games as the normal sports genere. I love those too. Megaman Soccer is better than Madden 20BS. NBA Jam is freaking awesome cause of its fun stuff stuck in. Mario Supercharge is great. Anything that plays as a Sports simulator is boring after doing one game.

archer9234 said:
AZWification said:

I wouldn't really count those games as the normal sports genere. I love those too. Megaman Soccer is better than Madden 20BS. NBA Jam is freaking awesome cause of its fun stuff stuck in. Mario Supercharge is great. Anything that plays as a Sports simulator is boring after doing one game.

I thought I was the only one who even knew about MegaMan Soccer! It's definitely a fun game!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Dislike :
- Shooters (FPS, TPS, Shoot 'em up, Tactical shooters...)
- Survival horror
- Stealth games
- Western-style RPGs
- Beat 'em up

Like :
- Japanese-style RPGs (including T-RPG, Action/RPG, MMORPG, Pokémon-like...)
- Platform
- Driving
- Sports
- Life simulation
- Fighting
- Puzzle/Reflexion

In between :
- Adventure
- Strategy (RTS, TBS, Building...)
- Music/Rhythm

FPS gives me headache after playing 20min+

For that reason, I never play FPS unless is extremely good.

3DS FC :  4339 - 3326 - 7693. Add me :) Nickname Tin

Fps games are getting a lot of hate as well.I loved them back in the nintendo 64 days.Whatever Rare caught those days it turned into pure gold.