By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - RUMOUR: Resident Evil Revelation 2 and DmC Ultimate spotted on russian retailer's site

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkJP5DMncW0

Around the Network
Jumpin said:
Seems like BS, since Revelations is a 3DS series.

Odd comment.  The fact that the series was born on Sony consoles and yet at various points released Dreamcast/Gamecube exclusive games (which were later ported to PS2) shows the series goes where it likes.  

Given the fact that the 3DS version was "not a failure" but they "would have liked more sales":

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/02/capcom_resident_evil_revelations_3ds_sales_could_have_been_better

I find it unlikely that they'll go 3DS-exclusive again.  Dropping it altogether seems like a bigger step, but you never know.

A203D said:
Experimental42 said:
This is just going to go in circles. All I get from this is that people who are new or less capable in the genre seem to like the dumbed down control scheme and difficulty of DmC. Saying DMC4 is slower because you "walk" while locked on is proof that you have no idea what's going on. The people who prefer DmC's combat over DMC just aren't as good at the genre, I get it.

The importance a player puts on lockon tells you all you need to know. Bayonetta is a great example. The higher tier you are the more important it becomes. You can play through the whole game and never use it, but as player skill and difficulties go up and prioritizing enemies becomes more and more important, you use lock on more.

"Saying DMC4 is slower because you "walk" while locked on is proof that you have no idea what's going on."

It is slower. That lack of speed reduces your manoverability, its clunky to switch to walking. Dante can't actually move properly when you hold the button lock (R1). He can't physically move in certain directions, he will strafe around one enemy, restricted to that enemy's radius. This was very clunky when dealing with multiple enemies. He also can't Evade enemies in more than two directions, unless the Trickester style was equiped.

Even then that dosen't solve Nero's problem nor does it solve how you are limited with your options because Trickster limits your options to that style. Its tedious to switch from one style to another just to be able to Evade an enemy properly. DmC allows the player to access all of Dante's combat options without the tedium of changing styles. Not to mention the greatly improved mobility of Dante during the air. All those Evasion options are also available in the air, where Capcom confirmed they were aiming for greatly fluidty and gameplay depth.

"The people who prefer DmC's combat over DMC just aren't as good at the genre, I get it."

Then prove it, if DmC is as easy as you claim, show me your PS3 trophy data and your name at the top of the PS3 leaderbaords, or maybe some video's showcasing the ease of what you say? If you claim to know what your talking about, why don't you prove it? While your at it I want to see if you've actually finished any of the previous DMC games, unless your claiming you can't give me your PS3 username for whatever reason? If yoru so capable a player as you claim let me see you DMC HD collection trophies?

"The importance a player puts on lockon tells you all you need to know."

DmC uses a fully functioning manual lock-on, the difference is you can't see the reticle. You don't need a recticle since you know where the lock-on is based on Dante's direction and the camera position.

Bayonetta is way better than DMC4, and its better than DmC in some respects. I never used button lock because all of Bayonetta's moves can be performed without button lock, and Bayonetta never slows down when you hold R1, nor is her movement ever slowed down by the button lock.

After completing all 4, not including Dmc2, DmC is easy. DMD and Hell and Hell is a joke.

Tbone said:
A203D said:
Experimental42 said:
This is just going to go in circles. All I get from this is that people who are new or less capable in the genre seem to like the dumbed down control scheme and difficulty of DmC. Saying DMC4 is slower because you "walk" while locked on is proof that you have no idea what's going on. The people who prefer DmC's combat over DMC just aren't as good at the genre, I get it.

The importance a player puts on lockon tells you all you need to know. Bayonetta is a great example. The higher tier you are the more important it becomes. You can play through the whole game and never use it, but as player skill and difficulties go up and prioritizing enemies becomes more and more important, you use lock on more.

"Saying DMC4 is slower because you "walk" while locked on is proof that you have no idea what's going on."

It is slower. That lack of speed reduces your manoverability, its clunky to switch to walking. Dante can't actually move properly when you hold the button lock (R1). He can't physically move in certain directions, he will strafe around one enemy, restricted to that enemy's radius. This was very clunky when dealing with multiple enemies. He also can't Evade enemies in more than two directions, unless the Trickester style was equiped.

Even then that dosen't solve Nero's problem nor does it solve how you are limited with your options because Trickster limits your options to that style. Its tedious to switch from one style to another just to be able to Evade an enemy properly. DmC allows the player to access all of Dante's combat options without the tedium of changing styles. Not to mention the greatly improved mobility of Dante during the air. All those Evasion options are also available in the air, where Capcom confirmed they were aiming for greatly fluidty and gameplay depth.

"The people who prefer DmC's combat over DMC just aren't as good at the genre, I get it."

Then prove it, if DmC is as easy as you claim, show me your PS3 trophy data and your name at the top of the PS3 leaderbaords, or maybe some video's showcasing the ease of what you say? If you claim to know what your talking about, why don't you prove it? While your at it I want to see if you've actually finished any of the previous DMC games, unless your claiming you can't give me your PS3 username for whatever reason? If yoru so capable a player as you claim let me see you DMC HD collection trophies?

DmC uses a fully functioning manual lock-on, the difference is you can't see the reticle. You don't need a recticle since you know where the lock-on is based on Dante's direction and the camera position.

Bayonetta is way better than DMC4, and its better than DmC in some respects. I never used button lock because all of Bayonetta's moves can be performed without button lock, and Bayonetta never slows down when you hold R1, nor is her movement ever slowed down by the button lock.

After completing all 4, not including Dmc2, DmC is easy. DMD and Hell and Hell is a joke.

How about you show me your name at the top of the Hell and Hell leaderboard before issuing me with your edicts. Or perhaps some trophy data to back that up.

I appreciate DmC is easier in some respects because the gameplay is a lot more fluid and the camera manoverability gives the player better obeservation and the controls offer the player more control. in those respects yes the game is easier without the clunky mechanics of the previous games getting in the way.

However the game is not easy by any means, and I would like you see your name at the top of the DMD, Hell and Hell leaderboards as proof and your trophy data to back you up.

A203D said:
Tbone said:
A203D said:
Experimental42 said:

How about you show me your name at the top of the Hell and Hell leaderboard before issuing me with your edicts. Or perhaps some trophy data to back that up.

I appreciate DmC is easier in some respects because the gameplay is a lot more fluid and the camera manoverability gives the player better obeservation and the controls offer the player more control. in those respects yes the game is easier without the clunky mechanics of the previous games getting in the way.

However the game is not easy by any means, and I would like you see your name at the top of the DMD, Hell and Hell leaderboards as proof and your trophy data to back you up.

Why do i need to be on top of the leaderboards for knowing its much easier game than the previous ones? 

And i have a trophy card in my sig. I have done everything that needs to be done in all Dmc games, and again DmC is easiest.

Around the Network
Tbone said:

Why do i need to be on top of the leaderboards for knowing its much easier game than the previous ones? 

And i have a trophy card in my sig. I have done everything that needs to be done in all Dmc games, and again DmC is easiest.

You can check my trophies as well if you wish, username is A203D.

Your saying you've done everything that need to be done in DmC. Fair enough, yet have you reached the top of the DMD leaderboards or Hell and Hell leaderboards. I can check that for myself if you wish.

Anyone can finish the game using respawn points and items, and gold orbs. The challenge of the game is from excuiting masterful combat which results in scores at the top of the leaderboard.

I'm not denying DmC is easier than the previous games becaue the mechanics have been so greatly improved, yet I am denying the game is easy. The challenge is there for the players willing to play.

A203D said:
Tbone said:

You can check my trophies as well if you wish, username is A203D.

Your saying you've done everything that need to be done in DmC. Fair enough, yet have you reached the top of the DMD leaderboards or Hell and Hell leaderboards. I can check that for myself if you wish.

Anyone can finish the game using respawn points and items, and gold orbs. The challenge of the game is from excuiting masterful combat which results in scores at the top of the leaderboard.

I'm not denying DmC is easier than the previous games becaue the mechanics have been so greatly improved, yet I am denying the game is easy. The challenge is there for the players willing to play.

I haven´t reached the top, And i doubt i ever will if i try. U can´t compete against some long time Dmc players. They are too good.

DmC is too generous with checkpoints everywhere, the older ones u had to restart whole mission if u died. Also i went through DMD without using a singel item.

If u check my trophies. I got SOS, DMD,HOH and HAH in matter of 4 days. And i collected all items and did all secret missions.

Tbone said:

I haven´t reached the top, And i doubt i ever will if i try. U can´t compete against some long time Dmc players. They are too good.

DmC is too generous with checkpoints everywhere, the older ones u had to restart whole mission if u died. Also i went through DMD without using a singel item.

If u check my trophies. I got SOS, DMD,HOH and HAH in matter of 4 days. And i collected all items and did all secret missions.

I appreciate that, theres a lot of checkpoints, yet those are there for less capable players. If you don't like them restart the mission. Any game worth its salt gives players options, if you don't want to you don't have to excercise that option.

The difficulty of the game like I said is in the level of skill exhibited by the top players. In this respect the game is by no means easy.

Difficulty wise my point is the game is by no means easy. Theres finsihing the game and then theres finishing the game to the level of skill a DMC game can provide, which this game certaintly does. As the players on the top of the leaderbaords and Youtube players demonstrate.