By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will the Wii U sell better in 2015 than it does in 2014?

Pavolink said:
Yes because Zelda.

you forgot about xeno x

it will sell

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Official Ni No Kuni Fanboy:

Familiars Captured:37

Game Beaten: 2 times almost

Times I got teary during some scenes: 3

Around the Network

If Nintendo delivers Zelda, Splatoon, Xeno, Yarn Yoshi and Mario Maker all in 2015 over an even release schedule -- it'll vastly outsell the Wii U in 2014 because MK8 and Smash legs

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

It will not be hard to sell better than it does in 2014, there will be many intersting game ( star fox, zelda, splatoon, yoshi, kirby, xeno, shin megami x fire emblem and maybe others ). But it depends also on sony and microsoft exclusives, if people want to buy a ps4 for a game like uncharted, there are few chances that they will take a wii u with it.

I'm counting the holidays that way because I wanted a comparison of not exactly 2014 vs 2015 but a span of one year starting with the most important time of the year for sales. That was a bit wordy so I just went with 2014 vs 2015 with the stipulation I listed.

I believe that holiday 2014 to the start of holiday 2015 will be the best selling one year period in the Wii U's existence. If the amiibo catches on as expected and is marketed even half as well as tickle me elmo, the entire outlook for the Wii U can reverse almost overnight. Add to that Smash, something big involving MK8 (amiibo + dlc?), Zelda, and Retro's project and it looks like the biggest year to me.

OfficerRaichu15 said:
Pavolink said:
Yes because Zelda.

you forgot about xeno x

it will sell

X will sell to current users. Zelda will move consoles.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network
Pavolink said:
OfficerRaichu15 said:
Pavolink said:
Yes because Zelda.

you forgot about xeno x

it will sell

LIES!

theyll both move consoles(but zelda will move more)

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

I think Mario Maker will move consoles as well.

Pavolink said:
OfficerRaichu15 said:
Pavolink said:
Yes because Zelda.

you forgot about xeno x

it will sell

I'm not sure xeno will sell very well since xenoblade chronicles did not...

OfficerRaichu15 said:

LIES!

No, many will discard the game because of those terrible characters. On the other hand, Zelda has beautiful graphics and that alone guarantee graphics whore to buy the game.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Pavolink said:
OfficerRaichu15 said:

LIES!

No, many will discard the game because of those terrible characters. On the other hand, Zelda has beautiful graphics and that alone guarantee graphics whore to buy the game.

Why would they do that it will sell because(its like the first nintendo first party to have character custimization) and its vast open story and world :P

Bets:

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?