By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Do people still care about Trophies / Achievements ?

Yes and I wish nintendo had some sort of system. Doesnt stop me enjoying their games but ive bought multiplats on othet consoles because they had thr achievements, so nintendos loss of both money and market share.

Around the Network

Not when I buy. Not when I decide what i am going to play.
Also i hate when you get them for dull reasons or doings things the story needs you to do anyway.
In all honesty, it is just a reflex of your vanity, i never cared about the score on people sign or psn account.

Nintendo should build a system around the idea though, since it does increases replayability. But so does Miiverse stamps and other hidden bonus.

JEMC said:
I'd say so

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=186281

Here's a better example of why I'd say so.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=42917&page=1

I think It's the longest running thread on VGChartz.

I'm not a whore for them, but I love to catch them for games I love specially. And it is like a proof of what you worked to obtain such distinction. If it affects the console I choose? No, not at all. I enjoy playing my games first, obtaining achievements/trophies is more of a hobby inside of a hobby!

...Let the Sony Domination continue with the PS4...

I don't check the trophies available in a game until I have completed it and had my fun from it, then if I really liked the game I will actively hunt the trophies as a means of telling the developers that I really liked their game and that I enjoyed playing it. I used to like to collect all trophies/achievements regardless of the game, but Ubisoft quickly cured that.

Around the Network
TheDarkTriforce said:
Lyrikalstylez said:
The only people that would say this are people who are stuck with a wii u......

I have an XBox One and a Nintendo Wii U ;) And only people who say this don't know anything about games and what they meant to be for ;)

That's your opinion and i will report you if you continue to say people who like achievements/trophies are sad or not true gamers. Quit the bullshit assumptions. We get that you don't like them, that's your opinion not a fact.

Too many people put too much empathsis on collecting this and collecting that. Takes away from the fun of games.  Yes it's nice to have targets etc but games should be played for fun.

Having said that I do like to 100% complete games but sometimes it feels like a chour (looking at Blag Flag...).

I don't and even prefer when there aren't achievements.

bubblegamer said:
TheDarkTriforce said:
Lyrikalstylez said:
The only people that would say this are people who are stuck with a wii u......

I have an XBox One and a Nintendo Wii U ;) And only people who say this don't know anything about games and what they meant to be for ;)

That's your opinion and i will report you if you continue to say people who like achievements/trophies are sad or not true gamers. Quit the bullshit assumptions. We get that you don't like them, that's your opinion not a fact.

Don't put word in my mouth that i didn't say! I never said that I don't like those gamers, I just said that it's sad that they care so much about these trophies which are in my opinion useless or I will report you ;)

If there's a trophy I can get during regular gameplay I'll try to get it, but I'm not gonna grind for one.