By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Super Smash Bros. Melee currently selling for nearly $200 on Amazon

It's melee, it was probably $200 on discount before taxes.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Around the Network

It's official: I'm never leaving my Melee disk ever again.

I bought mine nearly 5 years ago for $15.

Goddammit. And to think I sold it like 4 years back for about $25.. Plus it's the best of the Smash games. But with my stupid logic at the time I was like "welp I got the original Smash and I got the NEWEST Smash, why should I own this anymore?" Luckilly the Wii U Smash looks to be pretty much back to the melee style gameplay.

"We hold these truths to be self-evident - all men and women created by the, go-you know.. you know the thing!" - Joe Biden

I have two copies of melee currently and I'm keeping both.

No smash player in their right mind would sell their copy to put towards smash 4. That game has got a lot to prove competitively before people even consider switching over.

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

Around the Network

You guys are crazy if you think your game is worth that much. That's just some dude on Amazon (whose third party sellers always have pretty inflated prices for all sealed out of print games).

Melee has been trending upwards on the market for the past 3 years. Previously it would have been worth about $20 to have a complete used copy but today you could probably get $50 for a nice condition complete used copy.

So all those used copies you guys own... if they're complete and good to great condition you're looking at $40-60. For just a disc you're looking more $30-40.

If you had a sealed black label copy you might be able to get $90-130 out of it, depending on who you find crazy enough to buy.

Just check ebay's sold listings or the pricecharting website. More reliable than Amazon even if you still don't get a full picture.

I got a copy of it used a few years ago for $8 dollars, but I'm keeping my copy.

My blog: TsalagiDragon on Wordpress

My online store: Tsalagi Dreams 

My Twitter: @Scary4Eva

I'm keeping my Melee copy because I love that damn game a LOT!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

I could put a handful on my pubic hair on Amazon for $500, doesn't mean anyone will pay that much for it. Something is only worth what someone is prepared to pay for it, if people were actually buying it at $200 then I'd be impressed. But it doesn't look like that is the case.

Besides, anyone that is a true fan of the series would already have this game. That's real! You'll only be forgiven if you don't have the 64 version anymore. Then again it was on the Wii VC, so you don't lose out anyway. :)

PSN ID- RayCrocheron82

XBL Gamertag- RAFIE82

NNID- RAFIE82/ Friend Code: SW-6006-2580-8237

YouTube- Rafie Crocheron