By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - UPDATE! Megaton Virtual console subscription incoming?! Emily Rogers hinting at secret sauce in that 8.0 3ds update...?

What do you wany?

Unlimited vc access $5 a month 18 21.18%

unlimited vc access $9 a ... 16 18.82%

cross play 39 45.88%

I like to waste money 12 14.12%

Total:85

Could it be they're finally linking downloaded content to the account instead of the hardware!? Please, God, let it be...!

Around the Network

Its probably eshop for web/mobile, like was alreadly teased before.

"Hardware design isn’t about making the most powerful thing you can.
Today most hardware design is left to other companies, but when you make hardware without taking into account the needs of the eventual software developers, you end up with bloated hardware full of pointless excess. From the outset one must consider design from both a hardware and software perspective."

Gunpei Yoko

VanceIX said:
Dulfite said:
Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:
Secret Sauce as in graphically or?

No lol. Not everything is about graphics. In fact, I'd argue graphics matter very little to most Nintendo fans (including myself). Features on the other hand matter a lot and I'm hoping this is features.

I just want digital games linked to an account and not a console ;_;

You and me both, but then it begs the question, if they do that NOW, what happens to everyone that re-bought content on a different device but the same account.

leedlelee said:
I love lamp...
But in all seriousness, cross buy is something they can't put off forever...

Are just looking at things in the room and saying you love them?

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Tamron said:
VanceIX said:
Dulfite said:

No lol. Not everything is about graphics. In fact, I'd argue graphics matter very little to most Nintendo fans (including myself). Features on the other hand matter a lot and I'm hoping this is features.

You and me both, but then it begs the question, if they do that NOW, what happens to everyone that re-bought content on a different device but the same account.

That's the tough part, since you have to have a different account for different devices. Even the Wii U and 3DS couldn't have the same account until just recently. It's just so frustrating keeping track of so many accounts! 

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

Around the Network
VanceIX said:
Tamron said:
VanceIX said:
Dulfite said:

That's the tough part, since you have to have a different account for different devices. Even the Wii U and 3DS couldn't have the same account until just recently. It's just so frustrating keeping track of so many accounts! 

I registered my 3ds and wiiu to the same accounts in march D:

Tamron said:
VanceIX said:

I registered my 3ds and wiiu to the same accounts in march D:

I have 2 3DSs and a Wii U. It's awkward because I got games on both the 3DSs and the Wii U before they merged the NNID last December, so I have 3 different accounts with games bought :(

Awesome! Who knew that the 3DS had embedded 32mb of edram?!

The 3DS will use the power of the cloud from now on?

AshKetchum1992 said:
The 3DS will use the power of the cloud from now on?

It already is, see Dragon Quest X.