By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft giving Xbox 360 Owners $75 With the Purchase of an Xbox One

HylianSwordsman said:
sc94597 said:
HylianSwordsman said:
Come to think of it, why hasn't Nintendo tried this yet with the Wii? $50 towards a Wii U if you trade in your Wii would be awesome! It'd be an upgrade to the library instead of a downgrade, a way to cut the Wii U to $250 at a time when they could use a price cut but can't afford one, and would serve another purpose by getting the word out that the Wii U is indeed a new console. The average consumer still doesn't always know that. What are you waiting for, Nintendo?!?

Probably because Nintendo would have a hard time reselling the Wiis. Not much demand for them when you can get a Wii U refurbished for just $100 more, with a free game. 

And when Microsoft did this promotion with PS3s, do you really think they were reselling them? Of course not! They were using them for spare parts! And that's what Nintendo could do with such an offer.

What spare parts does a WIi have that wouldn't be cheaper to buy in bulk? Microsoft was doing a promotion with PS3's to take marketshare and convert PS gamers to Xbox ones. Nintendo has no motivation to do that other than maybe to motivate Wii owners to buy a Wii U, but Nintendo cares more about profit than marketshare and likely wouldn't see such a venture as profitable in the short term nor the long term. 

Around the Network

If they really wanted to impress people they'd give all the day1 XB1 owners $100 credit. It's the least they could do considering all the deals they offered people that weren't their most die-hard fans.

I also think this means almost certainly :

$349 bundle by November, $299 if the NPDs are bad enough.

sales2099 said:

Based on the comments I am reading.....seems even when MS gives great deals:

X1 2014 ($499 cut to $399 with deals) = Desperate

PS3 in 2007 ($599 cut to $399) = The Mother Theresa of generiousity

A look on history according to our local PS Historians.

To be fair, the only $399 PS3 sku available in 2007 was the 40gb model, which was gimped down from the premium model. The situation here is kind of different. Not to mention 360 was still cheaper. 

At this point anyone interested in an Xbox One should wait. It's definitely gonna be sub-$300 before the end of next year.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

Sagemode87 said:
sales2099 said:

To be fair, the only $399 PS3 sku available in 2007 was the 40gb model, which was gimped down from the premium model. The situation here is kind of different. Not to mention 360 was still cheaper. 

Nice try. Love the double standards. It's not idenitcal, actually worse for the PS3 in 2007. The $399 PS3 was identical to everything the $600 PS3 offered with the exception of less storage space. Storage space that definitely wasn't needed in 2007. Xbox One removed a significant accessory/peripheral, which allowed it to lower the price.  

Desperation was Sony in 2007 and they turned it around in the following years. Exactly what's going to happen to Xbox One. This is a 7 year marathon, not a 7 month sprint.

Around the Network
dangerguy said:
Sagemode87 said:
sales2099 said:

Nice try. Love the double standards. It's not idenitcal, actually worse for the PS3 in 2007. The $399 PS3 was identical to everything the $600 PS3 offered with the exception of less storage space. Storage space that definitely wasn't needed in 2007. Xbox One removed a significant accessory/peripheral, which allowed it to lower the price.  

Desperation was Sony in 2007 and they turned it around in the following years. Exactly what's going to happen to Xbox One. This is a 7 year marathon, not a 7 month sprint.

well that's not true.

they also removed the ps2 backwards compatibility and 2 of 4 usb ports.

kitler53 said:
dangerguy said:
Sagemode87 said:

well that's not true.

Ps2/ps1 compatibility and 2 usb port is worth 25 $ it seems x)

Anyone not recognizing 175 $ price cut (35%) after 6 months is not a good sign for x1 is lying to himself.

It's good for gamers though

So it seems this is a limited promotion to select people who buy the console between the 7th and 31st or something. Strange that they release it without any sort of marketing or even a simple confirmation of it. You just have to turn on your 360 and see if you got the offer.

Anything to stop the bleeding right?

https://games.yahoo.com/news/xbox-owners-deserting-microsoft-consoles-playstation-4-174504783.html

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

RenCutypoison said:
kitler53 said:

well that's not true.

Ps2/ps1 compatibility and 2 usb port is worth 25 $ it seems x)

Anyone not recognizing 175 $ price cut (35%) after 6 months is not a good sign for x1 is lying to himself.

It's good for gamers though

ps3 was clearly in panic mode back in 2007 as xbone clearly is in 2014,... i'm not denying that.

...but ps3 also dropped quite a few features while trying to lower the price.  maybe none as predominate as kinect but still,.. features.