By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Difference between PS4 and XBO sales Destiny launch week?

mtxamaze9142 said:
PS4 3 millions and Xbox one 1.5 million, I did math and Destiny will have to sell 10,000,000 copies to get over 100,000M profit. Game is cost 500M, IDK if they will make money.

I think it will get 10 mill pretty easily with all the platforms it is being released on.  Even if they only make a little profit, the groundwork will be in place for the sequels, making them cheaper to make and thus more profitable...

Around the Network
mtxamaze9142 said:
PS4 3 millions and Xbox one 1.5 million, I did math and Destiny will have to sell 10,000,000 copies to get over 100,000M profit. Game is cost 500M, IDK if they will make money.

you need to remember 360 and ps3 aswell. 

I am Torgo, I take care of the place while the master is away.

"Hes the clown that makes the dark side fun.. Torgo!"

Ha.. i won my bet, but i wasnt around to gloat because im on a better forum!  See ya guys on Viz

Yall are probably right lol. plus all the addons and DLC

150% boost for PS4. 40% boost for X1.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Add a poll with a ratio instead of ranges.

I think the PS4 version will outsell the XBO version at least 70:30

Around the Network

Well, Sony fans love shooters (PS4=ShooterStation) and they will probably go crazy over Bunjie's style of shooter. The Xbox fan will not be impressed and will probably be satisfied playing some other exclusive. I say

PS4 will sell almost twice as many consoles and a half a million more copies of Destiny in the first week.

I think we could be looking at 2 to 2.5 Million launch on PS4 with a 1 to 1.5 Million launch on Xbox One.

Would translate to a ~100% boost WoW for PS4, thanks to the bundle and a ~50% boost for the One.

1.7 million PS4
1 million XB1

500K seems like a safe bet to a possibility of 1 million.

HylianSwordsman said:
Add a poll with a ratio instead of ranges.

I think the PS4 version will outsell the XBO version at least 70:30

Why not just say 7:3. Sorry that really bugged me for some reason.

Imo the boost will be pretty huge, round about 120-140% from WoW, mostly due to the revamped PS4.

Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet a time.