By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - TLOU:R isn't worth it

IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
DerNebel said:

bolded: there were plenty of people expecting that. It was wished for and rumored pretty much since the games was launched.

Also, am I understanding this right? GTA V is ok because it's multiplat but TLOU isn't because it's an exclusive?

Rumors obviously don't count. Anyone can start a rumor, while only Sony can make official announcements.

From what I've heard Rockstar was never hiding the fact that they were willing to make a PS4/XOne version of GTA V.

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/GTA-5-PS4-So-Fast-Rockstar-Says-58643.html

Around the Network

I understand why people dont like TLOU:R, TR:DE, GTA5 and Halo:MCC. The success of these games only means less resources pooled towards new games and more towards rereleases of games they can play on consoles they own. Not really that crazy of a worry. I dont think there would be as much of an outrage if these companies didnt release year old games.

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling

kupomogli said:
Euphoria14 said:

So what you are saying is that you aren't sure of what TLOUR added?

Enhanced native resolution from 720p to 1080p, enhanced fps from 30 to 60. Enhanced shadows, enhanced lighting engine, enhanced textures, enhanced character models, added dualshock 4 functionality and all TLOU DLC.

All for less than the price of your usual GoTY edition, GTAV remaster and less than Tomb Raider Definitive Edition.

And a PS3 edition with all the added content? You mean the DLC right, because a PS3 version would getting any of the other things I mentioned.

I know what it added.  Nice to see you completely ignore the rest of the post and cherry pick just a bit out.  So many blind apologetic fanboys around here. 

But yeah.  I'd rather have a PS3 version with the DLC while receiving more exclusives on the PS4.  I guess it's wrong for people to want to actually play new games on their $400 and $250 consoles.  Why play new games when you can play ports of older games.

Oh, so now your go for attacks on me? Great, nice to know.

I guess you would be happy if instead of TLOUR remastered we got nothing at all for the end of July. Nice to know as well.

Yes, I also cherry picked, just like how you act as if the PS4 has no exclusives because you are no doubt cherry picking and not including the many games available on PSN. You know what makes me think this? You made a point to say "retail exclusives". So yup, I don't agree with that whole rant portion you had, so I ignored it.

So keep on hating everything that isn't what YOU want and what You expect and anyone who doesn't fall in line with your thinking, well, just continue to label them.

Have a good day.

Sincerely,

Blind apologetic fanboy

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

kupomogli said:
Euphoria14 said:

Enhanced native resolution from 720p to 1080p, enhanced fps from 30 to 60. Enhanced shadows, enhanced lighting engine, enhanced textures, enhanced character models, added dualshock 4 functionality and all TLOU DLC.

All for less than the price of your usual GoTY edition, GTAV remaster and less than Tomb Raider Definitive Edition.

And a PS3 edition with all the added content? You mean the DLC right, because a PS3 version would getting any of the other things I mentioned.

I know what it added.  Nice to see you completely ignore the rest of the post and cherry pick just a bit out.  So many blind apologetic fanboys around here. 

But yeah.  I'd rather have a PS3 version with the DLC while receiving more exclusives on the PS4.  I guess it's wrong for people to want to actually play new games on their $400 and $250 consoles.  Why play new games when you can play ports of older games.

Atleast its better than X1 which has only two exclusives right now. Also its not as if you didn't know PS4's exclusive lineup (or lack thereof) for 2014. You should have waited before buying it in that case.

Meanwhile, many of us PS4 owners are very satisfied with our purchases, though the Vita, as you said, has failed to live up to my expectations. I bought it near launch expecting an exclusive God Of War and GTA game for it, but I know it was my fault for having bought it for 2 games which weren't even confirmed. I am not complaining now, atleast.

Why do people even continue to argue with kupomogli? It's completely pointless.

Moderated,

-Mr Khan

Around the Network
Ucell said:
kupomogli said:
Euphoria14 said:

Atleast its better than X1 which has only two exclusives right now. Also its not as if you didn't know PS4's exclusive lineup (or lack thereof) for 2014. You should have waited before buying it in that case.

Meanwhile, many of us PS4 owners are very satisfied with our purchases, though the Vita, as you said, has failed to live up to my expectations. I bought it near launch expecting an exclusive God Of War and GTA game for it, but I know it was my fault for having bought it for 2 games which weren't even confirmed. I am not complaining now, atleast.

Maybe he just spend a lot of time playing games, not saying there is anything wrong with it. He might buy a game, finish it in a week or so and starve for something new.

I currently have Watchdogs (Hasn't even gone inside my PS4 yet. Got it as a Fathers Day gift), MLB14 The Show (Only 3 seasons in as I play every single game), Assassin's Creed IV (Only just now got the diving bell) & inFamous Second Son (Still very early in the game). Plus I still have plenty of games from PS+ that I haven't even touched yet. I have a respectable backlog for a console I have only owned for less than a year.

I'm satisfied right now. Only looking forward to Destiny, Blooborne & The Order 1886.

No comment on Vita though. This thing is just collecting dust in my basement. I only turn it on to download the PS+ titles so I could always go back to them if need be. Waiting for some RPGs to play or a reason to use remote play with my PS4.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Lets see:

The Last of Us: 40
Left Behind: 15
Abandon Territories map pack: 10
Reclaimed Territories map pack: 10

You will need 75 bucks to get everything the PS4 version is offering and you will still be stuck at 720p/30fps.

50 is a steal. Stop whining.

Euphoria14 said:

No comment on Vita though. This thing is just collecting dust in my basement. I only turn it on to download the PS+ titles so I could always go back to them if need be. Waiting for some RPGs to play or a reason to use remote play with my PS4.

No need to even do that. Just "buy" them on your PC, or via PS app on your phone. That way they'll be in your download list without need to go to the basement.

Euphoria14 said:
Ucell said:

Maybe he just spend a lot of time playing games, not saying there is anything wrong with it. He might buy a game, finish it in a week or so and starve for something new.

I currently have Watchdogs (Hasn't even gone inside my PS4 yet. Got it as a Fathers Day gift), MLB14 The Show (Only 3 seasons in as I play every single game), Assassin's Creed IV (Only just now got the diving bell) & inFamous Second Son (Still very early in the game). Plus I still have plenty of games from PS+ that I haven't even touched yet. I have a respectable backlog for a console I have only owned for less than a year.

I'm satisfied right now. Only looking forward to Destiny, Blooborne & The Order 1886.

Yeah I can't fathom why anyone would say PS4 doesn't have enough exclusives and seemingly overlook the X1's current exclusive lineup and multiplatform games.

I myself have Battlefield 4, Infamous: Second Son, Watch Dogs, Tomb Raider and Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag on my PS4 already and will buy The Last Of Us: Remastered, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Grand Theft Auto V, Batman: Arkham Knight, The Order: 1886, The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt and Driveclub when they release. Certainly not having a shortage of games here.

As for Vita, the last game I played on it was God Of War: Collection, and I don't think I'll be using it after this. Really, it had a lot of potential, but the market situation and Sony's financial situation have crippled it.

Looks like a clickbait article to me. Best to copy/paste the entire article on your post next gime to avoid letting the author get free hits.