By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - So another AC game is in development...

So, is Comet an actual game yet?

Around the Network

I mean, AC4 was being made before even revelations was out I believe. This game needs to stop having yearly releases though. I wish it would move to every two years.

shikamaru317 said:
Mystro-Sama said:
jlmurph2 said:
Are people just now realizing its been yearly since 2? Unity looks awesome for a milked franchise and yet have I seen an unfinished/delayed AC from Ubisoft. They're doing it right.

I haven't seen any difference in Unity other than seemlessly entering buildings, which is nothing major anyways. It's the basic AC forumla. At lease Black Flag switched it up a bit with the pirate aspect.

According to the devlelopers:

-Seamless building interiors, roughly 30% of the buildings in game can be entered as well.

-Increased number of characters on screen, up to 1000. AI characters in crowds now have more variety and will act differently instead of all acting as one big group.

-Drop in, drop out 4 player co-op added to the main campaign

-Parkour has been divided into parkour up and parkour down. In other words, you can now easily drop downwards on buildings, which you couldn't before.

-There is now a stealth button, which allows you to crouch and enter cover, and reduces noise and visibility, for increased stealth ability.

-They have added a skill tree, though it's mostly cosmetic improvements for the parkour system.

-Combat difficulty has been tuned to make open combat more challenging, encouraging players to return to the series' stealth and assassinations roots.

-Players now have a hidden crossbow in addition to the hidden blade

-One of the biggest AC maps, Paris is bigger than all of the playable landmass in AC 4 combined by a decent margin.

AC Unity was basically about them going back to the series' roots of stealth, assassinations, and parkour, and refining those basic mechanics since they've grown a bit stale. It was also about bringing the series properly into the next-gen, as such they spent a full year working on the graphics engine. It might not be as big a leap as 4 gameplay wise, but 4 was drastically straying from the series' roots anyway, it was a pirate simulator, not a game about Assassins. It was fun, but it didn't really feel like an AC game.

lol nice

Assassin's Creed is like Ubisoft's Mario. They would definitely keep releasing games in a franchise that has sold 73 million units in 7 years.

I think that is a good thing, as its my fourth-favourite franchise after GTA, God Of War and Metal Gear Solid.

shikamaru317 said:
Mr Puggsly said:

I presume Unity and Comet are basically complete by now... so why wouldn't they start working on the next game?

Unity should be pretty close to being done, more than likely they're done making content and are just bug searching and optimizing now. Not sure about Comet since they still haven't officially announced it. I get the feeling they delayed it to make next-gen ports because they're anticipating low sales as a last-gen only game. They'll probably release it in Q1 next year across all platforms, probably as a cheaper downloadable game like AC Liberation HD was. 

1. The thing is with development is that different people start at different times, so yes they may have started on it, but that could mean concept artists and designers. I personally dont have a problem with that as long as the games are good... as you say MrPuggsly, if they are ready why wouldnt they start on it...., they just need to get rid of follow, eavesdrop missions and get rid of guards on the top of building, then I will be alot happier :)

2. Hmm yeah I wonder, that would make me hold off on the last gen version of comet if they were to do that (and they probably will)... I am hopeful that they delay comet and release it next year.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

Around the Network

Oh man, I am so damn shocked by this piece of news that I am simply speechless......

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

I know, I know!! This will be the new Vita AC!!

Hahaha

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

vivster said:

I don't see how this is bad. Unity was in development for 4 years, comet probably for some years as well.
I would be really worried if there wasn't another AC in development.

People complain about yearly sequels but completely ignore that all of these games had the same development times than other AAA games. That's the reason why they can maintain the high quality with each game.

I would be really happy if other developers had that kind of money and manpower to release my favorite franchises on a yearly basis.

Same here. I so wish Nintendo would release my fav franchise, Mario, on a yearly bases......

Oh wait, they do ))

Switch!!!

fedfed said:
vivster said:

I don't see how this is bad. Unity was in development for 4 years, comet probably for some years as well.

People complain about yearly sequels but completely ignore that all of these games had the same development times than other AAA games. That's the reason why they can maintain the high quality with each game.

I would be really happy if other developers had that kind of money and manpower to release my favorite franchises on a yearly basis.

Same here. I so wish Nintendo would release my fav franchise, Mario, on a yearly bases......

Oh wait, they do ))

Haven't seen a Mario 64 sequel yet and it's been some time.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:
fedfed said:
vivster said:

Oh wait, they do ))

Haven't seen a Mario 64 sequel yet and it's been some time.

Just email Nintendo japan - I am sure they customize Mario's request now... they must have forgotten about it...

Just ask Iwata! and they will send you a copy!

Switch!!!