By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - COD Advanced Warfare Digital Foundry XB1 E3 Build Analysis 900P 30-40 FPS

Zekkyou said:

They'd probably be best taking it down to 720p :/ It wouldn't get them to 60fps but it'd stabilize the frame rate a lot. I'm all for variable frame rates (post 30fps), but there's a limit to how variable is acceptable. The MP may still be 60fps though, given the series history. They probably just feel the need to make the campaign flashy and "next gen".

I wonder what the PS4 version will be putting aside totally legitimate and in no way forced 'parity', I'd guess they will choose a higher frame rate on this occasion (if they have half a brain anyway). As lovely as 1080p is i'd much rather more stability in this case. I can live with 900p if it means the frame rate won't be bungee jumping during the whole damn story.

Sub-60 multiplayer will definetly kill the franchise as COD bros will definetly notice its slowness, and if COD is going for looks it can't compete with Destiny or Witcher 3 for that matter.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Around the Network
Fusioncode said:
30fps? Well I guess it's unplayable. That's what everyone keeps telling me about Driveclub. Oh well.

Everyone? I know a lot of people saying something different. Why do people always exaggarate on forums? You know that it is not everyone...

Judging an early build makes no sense. It can give you a direction, of course, but let's wait until it releases on next-gen consoles to see what they are doing with the engine.

Dr.Henry_Killinger said:

Yes. Whatever it takes to get 60 fps amirite?
Don't recall it was even locked.

It wasn't locked.

I don't think anyone has played COD for the graphics since 2009, haha.

They still have time to optimise it on the XBox and I'm curious to see how it'll run on the PS4 and PC. Overall I'm impressed with how the game looks.

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
curl-6 said:
Mr Puggsly said:

I did some searching around. I'm finding the PS3, 360 and Wii U versions are 880x720p.

The resolutions differ in previous CoD games on PS3. I don't think vertical resolution went beyond 720p though.

According to Digital Foundry:

PS3: 600 x 860 = 516,000

360: 600 x 1024 = 614,400

Wii U: 720 x 880 = 633,600

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-call-of-duty-ghosts-face-off

ew...Wii U res is pitiful

Given that it is higher than PS3 and 360, what does that make them? Beyond pitiful?

Those systems are 8 years old though, they get a free pass.

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

SubiyaCryolite said:
curl-6 said:

Given that it is higher than PS3 and 360, what does that make them? Beyond pitiful?

Those systems are 8 years old though, they get a free pass.

That's 8 years of optimization and dev experience on their side. And they were designed to be powerhouses, while Wii U was not.

But that's a whole 'nother discussion.

curl-6 said:

last gen consoles. 

walsufnir said:
Judging an early build makes no sense. It can give you a direction, of course, but let's wait until it releases on next-gen consoles to see what they are doing with the engine.

i suggest we judge games  based on leaked images and videos before its announced. its clearly the best way to form an opinion on how well the game will perform. 

bananaking21 said:
walsufnir said:

i suggest we judge games  based on leaked images and videos before its announced. its clearly the best way to form an opinion on how well the game will perform. 

Even better, let's judge their quality by bullshots and cg trailers.