By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Could 3DS Still win this year?

Tagged games:

3DS sells most 2014?

Yes 17 44.74%

Nope 10 26.32%

hard to say 11 28.95%

Total:38

I could see it going either way, according to this site its currently 3.8m vs 2.8m in favor of PS4 but 1 million isnt impossible to overcome if 3DS has a stellar holiday. Sales for both have been right around 100k for the past couple weeks but 3DS has Youkai Watch 2 coming in early July In Japan which is pretty much gauranteed to push some consoles so 3DS should be able to cut down part of the lead in July.

In the last few months of the year both have some big games releasing, Smash Bros+Pokemon remakes+Monster Hunter 4G (Japan) for 3DS and Destiny+FIFA+COD and other 3rd party multiplats for PS4 so both are good on system selling software to end out the year. A big factor will be what type of holiday deals and bundles we will see and im assuming both will have plenty of great ones.

Overall I see both doing great numbers this year and either one is certainly capable of beating the other, I would say PS4 will win in the west but 3DS is gauranteed to dominate in Japan which can certainly help negate the lead in the west. I would say both do around 12-13 million.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network

It can happen, but i think PS4 is still the most likely to get first place this year.

While i agree that pokemon+smash is a big line up, i would like to see something more. Smash 3DS has to convince a lot of people that it can be as fun as on a home console, and the other is a remake afterall.

It does have Persona Q on november, just a few days after pokemon, so who knows...

Raziel123 said:
PS4 easily.

I wouldnt say easily when there is a million difference

KLXVER said:
DarkRPGamer007 said:
KLXVER said:
What are the PS4 and 3DS numbers for the year so far...?

Currently PS4 is winning but if 3DS stands it's ground and stays within a million range it could easily outperform it

PS4 3,774,081 (-14%) 8,183,948
3DS 2,838,685 (-80%) 43,401,655

Hmmm....Yeah I think the PS4 will take this year.

If 3DS stays only this much behind it though it could get really close or win. The PS4 was brand new last year and 3DS had a better holiday so what's stopping it this year, especially with Smash and Pokemon on the horizon

XBOX ONE/Wii U/3DS/PC

RIP Iwata 12/6/1959-7/11/2015

Thanks for all the great memories!

DarkRPGamer007 said:

If 3DS stays only this much behind it though it could get really close or win. The PS4 was brand new last year and 3DS had a better holiday so what's stopping it this year, especially with Smash and Pokemon on the horizon

Yeah, Smash will probably give it a strong boost. The PS4 is getting FarCry 4, LBP3, The Evil Within, COD:AW, Assassins Creed Unity, BF: Hardline and Drive Club though...

Around the Network
KLXVER said:
DarkRPGamer007 said:

Yeah, Smash will probably give it a strong boost. The PS4 is getting FarCry 4, LBP3, The Evil Within, COD:AW, Assassins Creed Unity, BF: Hardline and Drive Club though...

yes but the power of Pokemon and Smash is beyond overwhelming and since most of those games are showing up on PC/last-gen/XB1 they won't have as big of an effect

XBOX ONE/Wii U/3DS/PC

DarkRPGamer007 said:
KLXVER said:
DarkRPGamer007 said:

yes but the power of Pokemon and Smash is beyond overwhelming and since most of those games are showing up on PC/last-gen/XB1 they won't have as big of an effect

So did Watch Dogs, but the PS4 sold more than the WiiU that had MK8 releasing the same week.

KLXVER said:
DarkRPGamer007 said:
KLXVER said:
DarkRPGamer007 said:

So did Watch Dogs, but the PS4 sold more than the WiiU that had MK8 releasing the same week.

Yes but Mario Kart 8 attracts more of a young audience I guarantee there are still many waiting for the Christmas holiday to get their Wii U for Mario Kart

XBOX ONE/Wii U/3DS/PC

DarkRPGamer007 said:

Yes but Mario Kart 8 attracts more of a young audience I guarantee there are still many waiting for the Christmas holiday to get their Wii U for Mario Kart

Yeah, I really dont know. I just gave it a guess:)

PS4 will win this year for sure