By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - gamrconnect Most Wanted: July 2014 - Results!

Tagged games:

Michael-5 said:

So I have a question for you. Have you beaten every single retro game you've ever wanted to play?

It's just I have a hard time seeing a need to buy all these brand new for the full retail price when I know about so many great retro games which I've missed out on. Even something as little as Startropics (which I just started playing now), when some of the retro games look more interesting then the newer games, I have trouble buying new games. So what I end up doing is snagging them when they drop to about $20, only because after that JRPG's often get pulled off shelves and go up in price.

I was more like you in the 90s playing a handful of games a year for hours on end.  If a game is big enough I make time, I have however missed many mid level titles I have been curious about but lack of time and funds through life means so many of my wants slip through.  Of that list earlier I want all of them, but I know several of them will not be able to play.

I can say there is no major old title I feel as a "hole" of sorts in my personal gaming experience. Just a bunch of small holes that I have made peace with missing out on.

I should note I expect this all to fall by the wayside once kids enter the mix in the future.

Around the Network
Augen said:
Michael-5 said:

So I have a question for you. Have you beaten every single retro game you've ever wanted to play?

It's just I have a hard time seeing a need to buy all these brand new for the full retail price when I know about so many great retro games which I've missed out on. Even something as little as Startropics (which I just started playing now), when some of the retro games look more interesting then the newer games, I have trouble buying new games. So what I end up doing is snagging them when they drop to about $20, only because after that JRPG's often get pulled off shelves and go up in price.

I was more like you in the 90s playing a handful of games a year for hours on end.  If a game is big enough I make time, I have however missed many mid level titles I have been curious about but lack of time and funds through life means so many of my wants slip through.  Of that list earlier I want all of them, but I know several of them will not be able to play.

I can say there is no major old title I feel as a "hole" of sorts in my personal gaming experience. Just a bunch of small holes that I have made peace with missing out on.

I should note I expect this all to fall by the wayside once kids enter the mix in the future.

I see, so we are exact opposites. I have no problem mising out on stuff like Freedom Wars so I can play Breath of Fire.

Kids will take away all your time, so make sure you're satisified with them (and the wife because her legs won't be opening as often either), before you jump in.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

nice :)

please follow and/or share my project!!!  :) http://igg.me/p/854307/x