By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What's a good game to play in front of a non-gaming girlfriend?

Tagged games:

Heavy Rain. My GF used to sit for hours watching me play it.

Around the Network
kirby007 said:
I don't, I love to know that a game room also can be used for physical activity!

My game room has a pull out couch bed with a memory foam mattress.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

d21lewis said:
Troll_Whisperer said:
Whatever you feel like playing, regardless of her presence. If you wanna be comfortable with your hobby around her, you gotta start now and make sure she accepts it. She can do whatever she likes while you play.

I mean, you don't even have to like each other's hobbies and honestly she's probably never going to give a shit regardless. My wife tried for me to like musicals and ballet, but God knows I'm never going to give a rat's ass about them and she's come to accept this and enjoy them without me.

If it's a new relationship I'd recommend you to start by doing things you both like. Then move straight to the "I feel like playing a game, you do whatever you like" phase. If you like each other enough you should be comfortable with that. My wife now plays some games with me every now and the (she likes Rayman), after she accepted it as normal.

Then again, I'm just a random dude on the internet. Just saying what worked for me.

I understand and you're probably correct in everything you say.  What happened was that I met this young lady on June 10th.  She came to my house one day and I gave her the tour.  She said "You play video games? I wanna watch you play one." To which I responded something like "Hell no!"

I thought it would be a good idea for a thread, after she left.  I tend to know my audience.  I have games like Wario Ware, Peggle, Dance Central, Wheel of Fortune,etc for jusst such an occasion.  She's not a gamer at all but she was trying to feign interest in something I'm obviously into.  A lot of people in this thread are saying "pay attention to her" or "don't play a game" and I'm like; Really?  No shit!  

At least you did offer a good reply but, at this point, I'm regretting this thread's very existence.

Well, sorry if it wasn't very helpful. I didn't go through the 100+ posts in this thread.

So I'll say, follow your heart. ;)

Also, Heavy Rain is indeed a good option. The only game my wife has ever asked me to play in front of her just for the sake of it.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

d21lewis said:
Aielyn said:
... if you're having to ask gamers on the internet, then you've failed your first and only job at this early stage in your relationship.

You should know your girlfriend well enough to figure out where her interests lie. And that's what will tell you what you should be playing with her (yes, "with" - even if you're the only one with a controller, you should still be including her in the game, whatever game it is).

Did I actually fail?  Or did you just not read the OP?  Hmmmm...I said I already knew what I'd play but that it might make for a good thread.  I'm d21lewis!!  I wouldn't ask gamers on this site for relationship advice (except Trashleg but she's gone....)!!  I GIVE advice!

Note the "if" I bolded. I decided not to make any assumption about you, but to make clear the "right" thing. Expecting anybody else to know your girlfriend well enough to provide an answer is a bit silly, so I'm not sure what real benefit of the thread is.

So did d21lewis actually asked what she likes to do? So he can suggest going,watching, playing with her..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Around the Network
d21lewis said:

I'm d21lewis!!  I wouldn't ask gamers on this site for relationship advice (except Trashleg but she's gone....)!!  I GIVE advice!

God damn it man! It's trashleg, not Trashleg DX

6 years trying to explain this to people. If you're going to summon me, do it properly!

Highwaystar101 said: trashleg said that if I didn't pay back the money she leant me, she would come round and break my legs... That's why people call her trashleg, because she trashes the legs of the people she loan sharks money to.
trashleg said:
d21lewis said:

I'm d21lewis!!  I wouldn't ask gamers on this site for relationship advice (except Trashleg but she's gone....)!!  I GIVE advice!

God damn it man! It's trashleg, not Trashleg DX

6 years trying to explain this to people. If you're going to summon me, do it properly!

I thought your leg might have gotten bigger since the last time we saw you, hence the big "T".  :(

A 2D Mario like SMB 3 or SMW. I did it with my wife and it works.

d21lewis said:

I thought your leg might have gotten bigger since the last time we saw you, hence the big "T".  :(

Oh, well that is a valid reason, I guess... D: Definitely a bit softer since I'm not allowed to run anymore >:(

Now, I heard that someone needed relationship advice...

Highwaystar101 said: trashleg said that if I didn't pay back the money she leant me, she would come round and break my legs... That's why people call her trashleg, because she trashes the legs of the people she loan sharks money to.

Artificial Academy would be a good start