By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I Honestly think consoles are a dying breed, just like handhelds

Ka-pi96 said:
Danman27 said:
teigaga said:

Consoles and PCs are ultimately different, PC's don't interest me as gaming machines. I don't want to sit at my desk with a mouse and keyboard, so why spend half a grand on a mid-low range PC only to treat it like an oversized, cumbersome console?

You do realize that gaming PCs can be ran on a big screen tv right? And also that 95% of games will work with a controller. 

Not particularly easy to do so though.

Its literally the same. Run a HDMI cable from back of desktop in to the back of the TV,

Unless the current gen has some new magical way of doing it?

Current Game Machines: 3DS, Wii U, PC.

Currently Playing: X-Com(PC), Smash Bros(WiiU), Banner Saga(PC), Guild Wars 2(PC), Project X Zone(3DS), Luigis Mansion 2(3DS), DayZ(PC)

Around the Network
Cleary397 said:
Ka-pi96 said:

Its literally the same. Run a HDMI cable from back of desktop in to the back of the TV,

You are also forgetting that many people buy a console to play first-party games like Halo, God Of War, Mario, Zelda.

Ucell said:
Cleary397 said:
Ka-pi96 said:

You are also forgetting that many people buy a console to play first-party games like Halo, God Of War, Mario, Zelda.

My statement is in absolutely no way discussing the games available for each of the systems.

I was only talking, and will only talk about, the ease of connecting a PC to a TV - which is the exact same process as it is for consoles.

Current Game Machines: 3DS, Wii U, PC.

Currently Playing: X-Com(PC), Smash Bros(WiiU), Banner Saga(PC), Guild Wars 2(PC), Project X Zone(3DS), Luigis Mansion 2(3DS), DayZ(PC)

Ljink96 said:
And your explanation for the 3DS?

Consoles will live because of how convenient they are.

"Handhelds offer something different from phones, which is actual buttons" 

System upgrades, keyboard and mouse suck, and all my friends are on consoles.

Around the Network

There's still a fairly sizable market for home consoles over time, but I think it's a shrinking market from last gen.

Even the PS4 is going to start to track way below the PS2 soon.

I'm starting to openly wonder if MS is going to have a big come back either, we could be coming to a point where the industry basically is just big enough for one big console manufacturer, one relatively weak-ish no.2, and next to nothing for no.3.

I also think software sales are going to decline as people buy fewer games (the Hollywood model).

Soundwave said:

I also think software sales are going to decline as people buy fewer games (the Hollywood model).

People want the 80% off steam and GoG bargains, not the full priced stuff.The economy still ain't that great, that plays a big part - maybe also explains why this console generation sales are so sluggish especially in Japan.