By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I Honestly think consoles are a dying breed, just like handhelds

consoles have become pointless, since they're using the same architecture as a pc, and they're basically all about software updates and downloads nowadays, I don't see what's the point of them anymore, they Have become a poor man's pc,

You can argue they're cheaper but so are PCS, you can get a better pc for the same price and upgrade it from there, and that will last you till your motherboard explodes (forever), you get cheaper games, more functionality, more room for tweaking and more ways to play, also free online and unrestricted services.

Look I'm not saying this as a pc gamer I'm saying this as a fellow gamer, handhelds have buttons over phones, consoles have nothing over PCS so what's the point of them nowadays? In the old days it made a lot more sense, consoles were meant to be "plug in and play" experience as in you buy a game from the store and you stick it on the console and play, now you buy it off the store and install it, and then download the patch and hope everything works fine, what difference is there from a PC? I would love to hear what you think the difference is. 

Now developers are always talking about graphics and how much 1080p 60 fps their game is, it's like you bought a console so you can argue about specs on the Internet instead of playing it,  and then comes ps5 with PS4 games with updated graphics "how it's meant to be played" crap by developers,  and the sad thing people always get sucked into that pr bullshit, I could argue for a long time but tell me, whats so different about a PS4 and a PC? 

Around the Network

The average joe can't be stuffed with PC's. Have a game that crashes on your PC and the average non gamer wouldn't know how to fix it, the joy of console gaming is everytime you put that game in it's going to run every time. No techie business needed.

For some reason the whole post isn't appearing so here is it again.

consoles have become pointless, since they're using the same architecture as a pc, and they're basically all about software updates and downloads nowadays, I don't see what's the point of them anymore, they Have become a poor man's pc,

You can argue they're cheaper but so are PCS, you can get a better pc for the same price and upgrade it from there, and that will last you till your motherboard explodes (forever), you get cheaper games, more functionality, more room for tweaking and more ways to play, also free online and unrestricted services.

Look I'm not saying this as a pc gamer I'm saying this as a fellow gamer, handhelds have buttons over phones, consoles have nothing over PCS so what's the point of them nowadays? In the old days it made a lot more sense, consoles were meant to be "plug in and play" experience as in you buy a game from the store and you stick it on the console and play, now you buy it off the store and install it, and then download the patch and hope everything works fine, what difference is there from a PC? I would love to hear what you think the difference is.

Now developers are always talking about graphics and how much 1080p 60 fps their game is, it's like you bought a console so you can argue about specs on the Internet instead of playing it, and then comes ps5 with PS4 games with updated graphics "how it's meant to be played" crap by developers, and the sad thing people always get sucked into that pr bullshit, I could argue for a long time but tell me, whats so different about a PS4 and a PC?

I'll stick with consoles, if I was a PC gamer all last gen there are literally dozens of games I would have missed out on. 

Fixed... I think.

Around the Network
think-man said:

The average joe can't be stuffed with PC's. Have a game that crashes on your PC and the average non gamer wouldn't know how to fix it, the joy of console gaming is everytime you put that game in it's going to run every time. No techie business needed.

Sorry read the op again, my text glitched out and it erased most of the post

Ka-pi96 said:
Consoles > PC

Consoles will never die!

Care to elaborate?,  do you think PCS will die?

PC will not take consoles place, people that game on console want their gaming to be simple, fast and without much hastle. If at all consoles will be replaced with streaming services that run on everything that has a screen.

Yeah, there are patches and stuff, but it's still not the same. When I put a new disc in my PS4, I wait about 3 minutes before I can start the game. It lets me play while installing, show me a PC game that does stuff like that. Also, I don't need to get patches or anything, if I want to, I can just stay offline and game like in the old days. Not so much with steam or origin.

The most important reason for me though is that for the next 5+ years, I won't have to worry about hardware AT ALL. If a game says PS4 on the cover, it'll run. With a PC, I always have to look at the system specs, have to check if it will run and at what settings. That was fun when I was 16, but today with a son and a full-time job, I simply don't have time for that anymore. Most days I'm happy with one hour for gaming. I want to use that hour as much as I can for gaming and not for messing around with hardware, drivers or anything else.

In the end, I think it's good and we all should be happy about that there are so many options today. There's omething for everybody. I don't get why people keep fighting so hard about platforms, we didn't have so many choices back in the 90s. It's a good thing! Just pick what you like and let other people pick what they like. It's that simple, really!

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

KingdomHeartsFan said:

I'll stick with consoles, if I was a PC gamer all last gen there are literally dozens of games I would have missed out on. 

Sorry read the article again it got erased for some reason.

Keep in mind I'm talking about the hardware, exclusive games are a way to sell you the hardware as long as there are exclusives there will be sales