By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Gamecube controller or Wii mote- Which was the worst Nintendo controller of all time?

Which one?

GC 18 4.52%

Wii mote 74 18.59%

Gamepad 26 6.53%

.....N64...best one ever!! 89 22.36%

If you vote for n64 your a jerkface... 56 14.07%

other, post below 57 14.32%

see results 78 19.60%

Total:398

wiimote didnt even work most of the time...so yeah

Around the Network

Spurge, I've used the N64 controller a year ago and it felt as awkward as ever...

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

spurgeonryan said:

But recently I tried to play Mario Kart 8 with the Wiimote. That is when I decided to give my final opinion on the matter. Despite over a decade of loathing, I have to say the wii mote was beyond any doubt, their worst controller. I do not care if wii sports was hella fun, or if FPS contolled better with the mote, I hate it!

Agree?

Actually, I found the wiimote to be the most natural for MK 8. But that may be because I started my videogame racing career on Pole Position, which had a wheel, and I found the wiimote + wiiwheel to be a natural extension to that. I guess it's what you're used to.

Having said that, I prefer gamecube controller for Smash, and Wii U Pro controllers for the sidescrollers.

N64

I think the n64 controller is the only Nintendo controller I'd truly hate having to playing any game on today.

The Wii mote is great with the right game. Bad with the wrong game or badly implemented game.

N64 was bad. People hated how the gc control looked and nothing more except maybe the right stick.

Around the Network

N64 controller gives me nightmares. Gamepad is a close second

...Let the Sony Domination continue with the PS4...

Virtual Boy controller.

N64 was terrible and the analog stick broke all the time

Gamepad.

Bet between Slimbeast and Arius Dion about Wii sales 2009:

If the Wii sells less than 20 million in 2009 (as defined by VGC sales between week ending 3d Jan 2009 to week ending 4th Jan 2010) Slimebeast wins and get to control Arius Dion's sig for 1 month.

If the Wii sells more than 20 million in 2009 (as defined above) Arius Dion wins and gets to control Slimebeast's sig for 1 month.

N64 controller may well be the worst controller ever made by any company.