By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Anyone else tired of the "indie boom"?

Raziel123 said:
No, i'm tired of yearly AAA releases

Around the Network
MikeRox said:
fps_d0minat0r said:
SWORDF1SH said:
fps_d0minat0r said:
At first I didnt mind when it was the best ones from PC making their way to console, but now theres a flood of them ranging from good to ugly, and they are being used as filler for PS+.

Looking at PS Plus now I see PixelJunk Shooter (83% Metacritic), Trine 2 (84%), NBA 2k14 (85%), Lone Survivor (84%), Dragons Crown (82%), Surge Deluxe (77%), Puppeteer (80%), Sly Copper: Thieves in Time (75%).

That doesn't really match what you are saying. Even the Indie games in that list have respectable score.

If you mean that Indies are PS4 padding the PS Plus offerings then you might have a point but they still offer you the good Indies games. Some games offered in the past for PS4 include Stick it to the Man (74%), Mercenary Kings (70%), Outlast 78%, Don't Starve 78%, Contrast (59%), Resogun (84%). Again all repectable score except for Contrast. Contrast was a good game in concept that was ultimately let down by broken and buggy controls.

Well compared to all the AAA's we used to get one PS3.....

If they want to add PS4 indies then fine, but I dont see why the PS3 and Vita games are going downhill.

How old are AAA games on PS4? You expect them to already be giving them away?

Me thinks someone has unrealistic expectations if they expect a $5 per month service to give them 2 $60 releases that are less than 12 months old each month. That'll more become the norm in about 2016/17.

Read again, I dont care if they give indies for PS4, but why are PS3 ones not AAA?

Theres is NO shortage of AAA's on PS3, yet next month we are getting some game called Vessel which no-one has heard of.

Anyway, they obviously wouldnt cost Sony $60 even if they did decide to give away PS4 AAA's.

fps_d0minat0r said:

Read again, I dont care if they give indies for PS4, but why are PS3 ones not AAA?

Theres is NO shortage of AAA's on PS3, yet next month we are getting some game called Vessel which no-one has heard of.

Anyway, they obviously wouldnt cost Sony $60 even if they did decide to give away PS4 AAA's.

didnt we just get tomb raider, bioshock, Uncharted 3 we had infamous (all of them i belivee), lbp2 (maybe cant remember) not to mention the discounts that are very vast.

I mean just the ones I mentioned, oh Batman recently......i mean just those alone for $60 should be good for a year and those are just what i remember in the last 6 months of casually keeping up.

Fair do's missed that part. But still, they're putting games on 3 platforms now rather than 1.

Of course they could afford to give away PS4 AAA's but if they did, it would be taking potential sales from new PS4 owners etc (every PS3 owner will be able to go on SEN and "reserve" any current PS+ titles on Vita and PS4 incase they choose to buy the systems later.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

steverhcp02 said:
fps_d0minat0r said:

didnt we just get tomb raider, bioshock, Uncharted 3 we had infamous (all of them i belivee), lbp2 (maybe cant remember) not to mention the discounts that are very vast.

I mean just the ones I mentioned, oh Batman recently......i mean just those alone for $60 should be good for a year and those are just what i remember in the last 6 months of casually keeping up.

You are missing the point.

I'm questioning why we are getting indies on PS3. The fact that we get AAA games doesnt change the fact that we get indies on PS3.

Around the Network
fps_d0minat0r said:
steverhcp02 said:
fps_d0minat0r said:

I'm questioning why we are getting indies on PS3. The fact that we get AAA games doesnt change the fact that we get indies on PS3.

I think you miss your own point.

Those indie games available via PSplus do not in any way shape or form have an impact on the "AAA" games. If you believe that including indie games in PSPlus is somehow affecting the AAA games we get youre completely mistaken.

Youre literally argueing for less diversity in the games we get. According to your arguments youre content with the AAA games but dont like looking at extra stuff other people are interested in that you arent forced to download?

Or you think that by not offering indie games we would somehow get more AAA games, eith line of thinking isnt valid.

I'm not tired of them, I loved indie and downloadable games last gen and have some on my Xbone already.

It is funny though seeing how they were dismissed or downplayed last gen by some gamers when it was the 360's ace card but now suddenly MS fucks up at launch with indies and the games are suddenly a huge deal. Sad to see people so easily swayed by gaming media like that.

steverhcp02 said:
fps_d0minat0r said:
steverhcp02 said:
fps_d0minat0r said:

I think you miss your own point.

Those indie games available via PSplus do not in any way shape or form have an impact on the "AAA" games. If you believe that including indie games in PSPlus is somehow affecting the AAA games we get youre completely mistaken.

Youre literally argueing for less diversity in the games we get. According to your arguments youre content with the AAA games but dont like looking at extra stuff other people are interested in that you arent forced to download?

Or you think that by not offering indie games we would somehow get more AAA games, eith line of thinking isnt valid.

So assuming PS3 had no indie games, you think we wouldnt get 2 AAA's?

lower budget game =/= diversity.

fps_d0minat0r said:
SWORDF1SH said:

Looking at PS Plus now I see PixelJunk Shooter (83% Metacritic), Trine 2 (84%), NBA 2k14 (85%), Lone Survivor (84%), Dragons Crown (82%), Surge Deluxe (77%), Puppeteer (80%), Sly Copper: Thieves in Time (75%).

That doesn't really match what you are saying. Even the Indie games in that list have respectable score.

If you mean that Indies are PS4 padding the PS Plus offerings then you might have a point but they still offer you the good Indies games. Some games offered in the past for PS4 include Stick it to the Man (74%), Mercenary Kings (70%), Outlast 78%, Don't Starve 78%, Contrast (59%), Resogun (84%). Again all repectable score except for Contrast. Contrast was a good game in concept that was ultimately let down by broken and buggy controls.

Well compared to all the AAA's we used to get one PS3.....

If they want to add PS4 indies then fine, but I dont see why the PS3 and Vita games are going downhill.

If I can remeber righty, PS Plus always offered 2 AAA games and a couple of indies. For PS3 at the moment you can get Sly, NBA and Dragons Crown. The indies on offer for the PS3 at the moment is Lone Survivor and Surge.

I'm not sure that you use PS Plus regularly otherwise you would know that the still offer big AAA games every month for the PS3.

Edit: Actually checking the Store Dragons Crown and Surge are Vita but Puppeteer and Uncharted 3 are both AAA and available for the PS3 right now

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank