By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Anyone else tired of the "indie boom"?

Not really because much of the $60 AAA games have been mediocre or have undelivered.

Around the Network
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:

Wrong, Sim City

Also said pay 15$ not 10.

You're not really good at this are you maybe you should take a break, so you don't make mistakes out of exhaustion.

SimCity issues were fixed within four days and the people who purchased it within that first month also got a free game out of it.

An indie game is an indie game.  Being sold for $15, $10, or even $1 makes no difference.  Indie games have the possibility of being released in a broken state just like AAA games do.  You commented that people can pay $60 for a broken AAA game and disregarded the possibility of the same thing happening with a cheap indie title. 

kupomogli said:
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:

Wrong, Sim City

Also said pay 15$ not 10.

You're not really good at this are you maybe you should take a break, so you don't make mistakes out of exhaustion.

SimCity issues were fixed within four days and the people who purchased it within that first month also got a free game out of it.

An indie game is an indie game.  Being sold for $15, $10, or even $1 makes no difference.  Indie games have the possibility of being released in a broken state just like AAA games do.  You commented that people can pay $60 for a broken AAA game and disregarded the possibility of the same thing happening with a cheap indie title. 

Whoa whoa whoa, I thought I got what I paid for I paid 60$ and got a broken game, everthing else is irrelevant.

Also you need to define what you think an indie game is.

But more importantly, if I play 60$ for a broken game and then 15$ for a broken game, I wasted more money on the 60$.

Besides you want to generalize all indie games as trash, why can't I generalize all AAA games as trash?

Ur not being rational about this why should I?

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Dr.Henry_Killinger said:

Besides you want to generalize all indie games as trash, why can't I generalize all AAA games as trash?

kupomogli said:

You get what you pay for, and for that $15, you're usually getting a game that's not even close to the value of the $60.  It's a reason I don't pay more than a couple dollars for indie games because they're rarely ever worth it.

These defintions should help you distinguish vocabulary better.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/all?s=t

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/usually?s=t

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/rarely?s=t

kupomogli said:
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:

kupomogli said:

You get what you pay for, and for that $15, you're usually getting a game that's not even close to the value of the $60.  It's a reason I don't pay more than a couple dollars for indie games because they're rarely ever worth it.

These defintions should help you distinguish vocabulary better.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/all?s=t

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/usually?s=t

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/rarely?s=t

I've never gotten a bad indie game cause I'm smart, if you usually get bad indie games you need to go back to high school

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Around the Network

Completely disagree. Indie games need to take over completely. While its true that quality control seems to be somewhat bad, it's actually not nearly as bad as it used to be. Everyone should be able to look up reviews for these indie games these days. Finding the good ones is nowhere near as hard as it was back in the SNES days. I remember I didn't even know what genre the game I was getting was back in those days. I just kept renting a game every week, then buying the ones I really liked. If a developer wants to shoot their reputation in the foot, then let them. Its no skin off my back, I just won't play his games anymore.

Not to mention that these triple A games are just horrible. They are getting more generic, and profit mongering in them has been getting awful. I have stopped buying games from major publishers altogether because of things like "Games for Windows" and "DLC" and "Exclusive Content" and "Locked on Disc Content". Those exist because games cost too much money. We are seeing an indie boom because the vast majority of people realize, these graphics aren't so impressive as to make me put up with the aforementioned "features".

What we need is for the PS5 and the Xbox Whatever to take a page from Nintendo's book and tone down the power increase of their next consoles. All we are gonna see at this rate is less games, more BS, and less fun.

Dr.Henry_Killinger said:

I've never gotten a bad indie game

I'm sure you just have bad taste and low expectations.

kupomogli said:
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:

It's okay.  I'm sure you just have bad taste.

Lol your not even trying, granted I'm not taking you seriously as you're acting like a typical indie hater, and saying I have bad taste when you aren't even smart enough to look at video of a game and tell its shit, without wasting 15 dollars.

Meanwhile, the games I paid 60$ for with the classification of AAA have some kind of fatal problem and I should just accept it?

I get what I pay for right? I'm paying 60$

why should I accept or expect any kind of failures. 

Especially, when the friggen Destiny Alpha was more pollished then Battlefield 4 on release?

If a game doesn't work on release It should be downgraded.

It's due to costs. AA is dead. Something had to take it's place. In comes indie games.

Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
kupomogli said:
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:

It's okay.  I'm sure you just have bad taste.

Lol your not even trying, granted I'm not taking you seriously as you're acting like a typical indie hater, and saying I have bad taste when you aren't even smart enough to look at video of a game and tell its shit, without wasting 15 dollars.

Again, I didn't say all are bad games.  Did you forget what I posted already?  And who says I pay $15 for any indie game?  Most of the highly praised games have been in indie bundles, other ones I've got by the way of PS+, or sometimes the rare Steam sale for $2.50.  Can't help that I get a lot of crappy indies from PS+ when I can't choose the games I get per month.  When I'm interested in a game from an indie bundle, I might be interested in one or two, but doesn't mean I won't attempt to play the others.