By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Anyone else tired of the "indie boom"?

kljesta64 said:
I hate indie games because of what they are or represent like some uber cool art or something and most of those games people consider masterpieces are some character running or flying in a dark lonely world with the same depressing music ugh...

That's not the developer's problem, that's consumers, bloggers, reviewers etc... fault.  Indie devs are just making their vision, the industry labels it art or whatever, which arose from the other debate, over whether games can be art.

Around the Network
Acevil said:
Barozi said:
There's too much focus on them.

Most of them wont be significant in sales or quality, so there's no real reason showing them all for example at E3.

No Man's Sky, Inside, Ori and the Blind Forest - alright
everything else - no

With the decline of large quanity AAA titles, you will only have more indies. We only have two extremes in gaming culture now.

So Kirby and the Rainbow Curse is a AAA game?

KLXVER said:
Acevil said:
Barozi said:

Most of them wont be significant in sales or quality, so there's no real reason showing them all for example at E3.

everything else - no

With the decline of large quanity AAA titles, you will only have more indies. We only have two extremes in gaming culture now.

Nintendo doesn't ever count silly.

I was also thinking about making a huge post about this!! Glad you did it!! It annoys me how this indie boom has started to become how a console has more and better games. I hated E3 because MS and Sony basically showed more indies than actual triple A games. Thank you for bringing this up.

Acevil said:
KLXVER said:
Acevil said:
Barozi said:

everything else - no

Nintendo doesn't ever count silly.

Terraway?

Around the Network

People act like all indies are successful and there is any risk if they don't success

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

KLXVER said:
Aerys said:
I'm more tired of the " only AAA or nothing " boom

Being "tired about indie boom" would mean being tired about gaming and that means you should find an other hobby

Not really. Being tired of games made by 3 people in a basement, doesnt mean tired of gaming in general. Look at Nintendo. They make AAA, AA and indie like games and theyre made by professional game designers.

So you should be more precise when you say indie games , and not put all indie games in the same bag, there is a lot of good indie games.

And if you are really tired of them, just dont play, i dont see in what way the indie boom can affect you if you ignore them ( and dont tell me " indie games replace true games" because it's false )

And about Vita, i think you know but if you dont :

Dangan Ronpa 1

Ys Celceta

Toukiden

Oreshika 2

Freedom Wars

Dangan Ronpa 2

These games are no " little games/unknow weird japense stuff " , if you didnt know them, fine, if you ignore them on purpose because YOU dont like them, it's as stupid as people who'd say " this console has no games because i dont like these games "

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

small44 said:
Aerys said:
KLXVER said:
small44 said:
KLXVER said:
small44 said:I think so but i want you to talk about Vita not Nintendo consoles

Nothing to say about the Vita...Its dead in the west I guess...

For what reason?I think it's because of the lack of AA and AAA games

I think its because of the lack of any games...

I think you say that beacause of your lack of knowledge on Vita library

People are not ignorant as you think

All the " vita has no games " proves me a lot of people are, or it's just bad faith, dont know which one is the worst

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

I do agree, the amount of shit indie games are getting ridicules and early access + kickstarter shit isn't helping either.. I just hope that there is some sort of quality control in the future or else all platforms will be filled with mostly average to shitty games

Most indie games can be summed up as 8 bit platformer or 2d puzzle games

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

No i am not.