By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Last of Us remastered now officially 1080p 60fps!

FinalFantasyXIII said:
Zekkyou said:

1080p/60fps would be the equivalent to 4k/15fps, not 2fps! :p

In seriousness though, 1440p/30fps would be a cool option. I don't expect many could use it though lol...

PC MASTER-BATION

You thought I was going to say RACE? HAHA!

Around the Network
Zekkyou said:
FinalFantasyXIII said:
Zekkyou said:

In seriousness though, 1440p/30fps would be a cool option. I don't expect many could use it though lol...

PC MASTER-BATION

You thought I was going to say RACE? HAHA!

Zekkyou said:
FinalFantasyXIII said:
I'd be happy with 2 FPS and 4k, but whatever 60 fps 1080p we go!

supersample dat sheit :D

bubblegamer said:
I sold my PS3 version for 18 euros, i never bought the DLC but wanted to. I pre ordered the PS4 version a couple of days ago for 39 euros. That's an upgrade that costed me 6 euros in the end. Very much worth it with this game

39 - 18 = 21 euros.

How do you get 6?

Chevinator123 said:
Zekkyou said:
FinalFantasyXIII said:
I'd be happy with 2 FPS and 4k, but whatever 60 fps 1080p we go!

supersample dat sheit :D

I've heard once you go supersample you never go back!

Around the Network
Eddie_Raja said:
dane007 said:

1) It isn't a simple port, and that is obvious if you would spend 5 minutes looking it up.

2) The leap between Halo 2 -> Halo 2 HD will be a bigger leap than TLoU -> TLoU:R.  Duh, Halo 2 is a 2 generation old game.

3) Halo 2 HD coming from an older game means it should be easier to pull off in 1080p than a more modern game (Once again TLoU is getting fully remastered as well).

4) Having the extra engine buffer is a joke of an excuse.  A game that old takes up less than 10MB of that buffer.  It is pathetic if they can't pull it off.

1) as i said,, i yet to see any difference based on what they have shown so far since the game is coming very soon. not a single gameplay footage have been shown to show the supposive difference. Usually when a game company have yet to show footage of a game that is releasing in a few weeks ,, is  a bad sign meaning the differene is tiny.

Just wait for the Digital Foundry.

2) i wasn' talking that difference. i was referring to the fact that halo 2 is completely remade including all its assets to make it look like an xbox one 1 game where as TLOU remastered edition will not look much better then the ps3 version. it certainly won't look like a ps4 game with ps4 like graphics as you have seen with KZ or even BF4. 

Every single person who saw it in person would beg to differ with you.

3)  & 4) And you are the guys working for 343 and know for a  fact that its not the problem ? lol.  You know ofr a fact  that it takes less then 10mb? did you find such a link that proves it? I   I knnow its stupid for 343 to use such engines. they could scrape the old one  and use just the new one and i am sure if it used 1 engine much like  TLOU is ,, the game can easily reach 1080p 60fps.  PS :  i  would believe the experts over you :)

The Xbox 360 had 10 MB of EDRAM.  So yes me and everyone who knows how to read can guaruntee you 100% that the old version takes up less than 10 MB.  Am I the only person here who double checks his facts before he talks?

P.S. :

http://www.worldsfactory.net/2014/06/28/tlou-remastered-hard-describe-1080p60fps

http://gearburn.com/2014/06/the-last-of-us-remastered-looks-like-it-was-originally-created-for-the-ps4-tweets-naughty-dog/

If you wre to port it without having any enhancement and just the original engine,, then yes you  will be right . However if you are going to completely remake it with two engines (incl the  original engine ) and get it both to 1080p and 60fps then no you will be wrong. Remember they are getting to run at teh same time so the players can switch back and forwardwithoutdelay. Secondly the orignal engien fofr it also got remastered  . Then the  new engien is used to get the graphics to teh standard of xbox one graphics. All of this demanding especially getting both engines to 1080p.

I have read those articles. But anyone can write saying wow it loooks so next gen ,, its the best you wilkl ever see and next gen won' start till TLOU says so. Anyone can do that and use it as a click bait article. As i have said the game is coming close to end off july and we have not seen one gameplay video. if the game has been gold then why not show graphics if the enhancements is as great as sony tweeted or insiders have tweeted. Not showing gameplay is usually a bad sign . I I am reserving my judgement till the reail copy comes out :).

Richard_Feynman said:
bubblegamer said:
I sold my PS3 version for 18 euros, i never bought the DLC but wanted to. I pre ordered the PS4 version a couple of days ago for 39 euros. That's an upgrade that costed me 6 euros in the end. Very much worth it with this game

39 - 18 = 21 euros.

How do you get 6?

Well the reason i never got the DLC even though i can't wait to play it, is because i knew i wanted the game on PS4.

Dr.Henry_Killinger said:

Thus I repeat myself again: There is no correlation between the linearity of a game and its technical demands.

I can't believe you are hammering on this point so much.

Not only is it going against common knowledge - it is implied in the hundreds of articles similar to this one:

http://n4g.com/news/1516332/watch-dogs-sets-new-graphical-standards-for-open-world-games-on-ps4-new-screens-released

... but is also contrary to experience. GTA3,4,5 haven't looked as good as linear games. Neither have any other open world games (depending on a few factors).

I also found that image to be woefully inadequate for any type of argument you are trying to make. Surely you could figure out why? I also don't appreciate your use of fancy nomenclature in argument as it simply comes accross as unnecessary pomposity - especially since your argument is a very simple one - really, it's a one liner. The pomposity stems from these kind of things: "For idiots simpletons dummies laymen".

Once again, there are hundreds of articles like this one,

http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2014/06/03/all-this-naughty-dog-graphics-hype-is-missing-the-point/

with statements like these:

"it’s far easier to create gorgeous looking graphical sets for linear titles than to craft a hugely detailed open-world game."

The fact that you major in CS says very little. I did computer science as well and I know very well what is learnt at undergraduate level - not so very much at all. It may intimidate the average person here, but it is a ruse in my opinion. And the things you mention about being an Indie dev under your 'credentials' are also not worth anything because (I assume) you haven't made a single game as of yet. And even if you did, then it would have given you absolutely zero insight on the topic of 3d open world games.

In short, I'm calling you out on a bullshit statement and subsequent arguments.

spemanig said:
kupomogli said:
But but but.... next gen consoles are too weak to do 1080p @60fps when the game looks marginally good.

TLOU is a linear game. Not nearly as damanding. This doesn't "prove" anything.

Theres nothing much to be prooved though. They can obviously push impressive looking games at 1080p 60fps, but for most devs thats not their target. 

dane007 said:
Kane1389 said:
dane007 said:
Eddie_Raja said:

if the E3 2014 is anything to go by then the improvement is not big. it won't be completely redone like halo 2 hd is. secondly wheres the gameplay video showing this supposive massive improvement. thirdly halo 2 hd has two engine buffer running together at the same both 1080p and 60fps which is more demanding.  

E3 2014 only showed cutscenes which look the same on PS3, but the cutscene models on PS3 is what an actual in-game models will look on PS4. ND was dumb not to show gameplay for people to see the real difference

Thats  usually a bad sign since the game is releasing in a few weeks. The game has already been released last year,, so it should be easy for them to show at least one gameplay footage. I heard that but  i havE yet to see that in gameplay footage. I 

Even PS3 trailers for the game were mostly made of cutscenes in the game. From the game's reveal in Dec 2011 to its launch in June 2013 Naughty Dog released only 3 gameplay videos, one of them was from their E3 presentation. They believe cutscenes are selling their game better than gameplay shots