By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - When do you think the next Direct is?

Late August. I don't know if they'll say anything more about Warriors and Bayo 2... but they could do a Direct on them.
But anyways, no matter what it's on I think we'll have one before TGS for sure.

Around the Network

Im going to go out on a limb and say a Virtual Console direct in July, will announce the first round of DS VC games for NA and (hopefully GameCube) VC games.

O-D-C said:
Im going to go out on a limb and say a Virtual Console direct in July, will announce the first round of DS VC games for NA and (hopefully GameCube) VC games.

OMG you are posting. Great!

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Iwata wouldn't need to be in a Bayo 2 Direct. Since they had a W101 Direct they should have one for B2 as well! I'm almost sold on the game, just need a last push.

Yep.

O-D-C said:

Wouldn't they have to announce N64 VC before GC VC?

PSN ID- RayCrocheron82

XBL Gamertag- RAFIE82

NNID- RAFIE82/ Friend Code: SW-6006-2580-8237

YouTube- Rafie Crocheron

Around the Network
Rafie said:
O-D-C said:

Wouldn't they have to announce N64 VC before GC VC?

They alreadly done that, was announced with the GBA one.

Anyway, there is a lot of thing to adress:

If they intent to put out new hardware out, like a wiiu remodel or even a newer model of 3DS, they will announce before octouber(they did with 3DSXL and 2DS).

Still no Fatal Frame trailer T_T

They put out VC DS games randomly, but didn't talk about it, nor what will be the launch line -up

The same thing for the N64 VC

Still, they made that joke about mother 3, and we all know what happened last year when fans asked for earthbound. For those who don't remenber, the release was stealh and came with another stealth direct in july

So, here my bet, defitivily will be a direct before august end, but can be a stealth direct before july end, to launch minor stuff, a la earthbound.

"Hardware design isn’t about making the most powerful thing you can.
Today most hardware design is left to other companies, but when you make hardware without taking into account the needs of the eventual software developers, you end up with bloated hardware full of pointless excess. From the outset one must consider design from both a hardware and software perspective."

Gunpei Yoko

Hopefully as soon as possible, because I am an impatient bastard! >:(

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

I'm not sure to be honest. I think the safest bet is late August or early-mid September for a worldwide Direct for the year's upcoming releases. It's likely that Japan will get a special Direct for Hyrule Warriors in early August since they get it a month and a half before we do.

NNID: TheCCluc

My guess
End of July (Hyrule Warriors)
End of September (SMASH BROS)
End of October beginning of November (New announcements including price cut)

discounting the Youkai Watch 2 one this week...

First week of August for Hyrule Warriors