By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Smash Bros. Edition Gamecube Controller available for pre-order on Amazon

i wish they'd make a wiiU version of the wavebird. that would probably get me to buy a wiiU for smash.

Around the Network
forethought14 said:
aikohualda said:
is this really better than pro controller when playing ssb?????

Apparently it's the "best" controller for Smash Bros. no matter what, even if they've never even tried playing it with the Pro Controller to make a fair judgment. O_o 

I personally like the Pro Controller, and will be using it with Smash Bros.

About that tho...actually you can pretty easily play every single Super Smash Bros. released so far with a Pro Controller, fan-made software and some fiddling with Bluetooth stacks allows it (or you just buy an adapter like I have).

I did exactly that which is why I'll buy four of the new Gamecube controllers and the adapter. SSB and the Gamecube controller are a match made in heaven.

Gamecube Controller >>>> WiiU Pro (for Smash at least)

EDIT: To clarify, on PC and with Dolphin of course

kitler53 said:
i wish they'd make a wiiU version of the wavebird. that would probably get me to buy a wiiU for smash.

Well if it's only for Smash...The adapter also supports Wavebird, otherwise you'd have to wait for a third party to make a "Gamecube" WiiU Pro Controller.

forethought14 said:
aikohualda said:
is this really better than pro controller when playing ssb?????

Apparently it's the "best" controller for Smash Bros. no matter what, even if they've never even tried playing it with the Pro Controller to make a fair judgment. O_o 

I personally like the Pro Controller, and will be using it with Smash Bros.

GCN>>>Pro Controller.... Also i played SSB with the pro controller so my opinion is valid :0

I miss the GCN controller... Why did they have to evolve away from this beautiful design?

jabberjawky72 said:
I miss the GCN controller... Why did they have to evolve away from this beautiful design?

It's gorgeous...absolutely tear bringing. 

Around the Network

Will it work with other games?

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

platformmaster918 said:
Will it work with other games?

We don't know yet

Possibly Gamecube Virtual Console games?

Just preorderd the Adapter. I just recently repaired my GC controller and Wavebird joysticks. Just for Smash.

Playing Smash Bros 4 with that sexy controller is going to be so awesome!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

So beautiful! I might order one since my GC controllers are quite worn out.

Signature goes here!