By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS4 less of 100K: Bad or...

Summer is bad for all 3 of them, not many games are coming out. The next game that I am buying is Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright:Ace Attorney and that doesn't come out till late August in the US.

"I think it will be the HDS"-Me in regards to Nintendo's next handheld.

Around the Network

If it can maintain around 100k per week during the summer where no software comes put then i would actually consider it a runaway success. No new software to market means onæy people who is interested in it already but couldnt afford it earlier will pick it up. Once the tv commercials begin to roll for destiny you will see a big increase like watch dogs had. This increase should be somewhat stable throughout the rest of the year

well... overall, I think consoles are just a dying hardware in general. Give it 10 years and the numbers... will be very low. This generation isn't growing up on them like the last one did.

as long as it's curb stomping the other two while having "no gaemz" and (somehow relevant) sony going bankrupt, it's all good.

Thanks jlmurph!

Nothing serous. It was an off week that saw most people get their paychecks after the numbers were calculated. Expect a huge jump in PS4 numbers this week. Like 170k or so.

Around the Network

It is teh d00m.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

kowenicki said:
its the summer... this is how it is.

Shouldnt have listened to those (who have mostly left now) who were predicting humungous sales week in week out for 2014. It was a ludicrous view.

There is/was a surprising number of users who believe that the PS4 would keep up with the Wii's first year. The Wii pulled a 250k average through summer of 2007, this is where the gap grows a great deal. I certainly hope no one still expects it to sell 20 million lifetime by year's end.

Why would a bundle have an affect on sales of the PS4 overall? Especially considering the game/bundle doesn't release until September, which is 2.5 months from now.