By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why I don't like Nintendo

bubblegamer said:
Devil_Survivor said:

may I ask what prompted you to make this thread? Just wondering why you decided to tell why us you don't like Nintendo.

Because freedom of speech, not everyone shares your views/preferences/tastes, people like him exist. Do you need more reasons?

Well yeah, making a thread just because you can is a pretty stupid reason. There should be a good reason to make a thread, otherwise we will just have hundreds of shitty threads.

Around the Network
Raido said:
bubblegamer said:
Devil_Survivor said:

may I ask what prompted you to make this thread? Just wondering why you decided to tell why us you don't like Nintendo.

Because freedom of speech, not everyone shares your views/preferences/tastes, people like him exist. Do you need more reasons?

Well yeah, making a thread just because you can is a pretty stupid reason. There should be a good reason to make a thread, otherwise we will just have hundreds of shitty threads.

Welcome to VGChartz...

yea thats why wii was my last nintendo console and original DS .

EDIT

Opinions... SO MANY OPINIONS WHAT TO DO!

Around the Network

It's OK. You're allowed to have an incorrect opinion.

mii-gamer said:
DerNebel said:

Am I a top manager that gets paid millions a year? Fact of the matter is that they need to do something big to turn that ship around and I don't see them doing any such thing. Getting some fresh new blood at the top would be a good start though.

You made a claim that they aren't doing anything to change the situation of the Wii U. Last time i checked pipelinging big titles, a better marketing effort, partnering with other companies and developing a fresh new ip from a younger team was doing something, it certainly sounds like they are making an effort. Sure, the wii u is not get a turn around, but you cannot serously accuse nintendo for not trying.

They always bring their big games and a new IP or two, so I don't count those as actually deriving from their classic formular. Marketing effort is something that might be true, but I really don't notice any of it (don't watch TV), though even that can be counted towards what they always do, they always marketed their big games well. And their partnerships with other companies are hardly worth mentioning in the grand scheme of things, games like Fatal Frame or Devil's Third are the definition of niche titles and even Bayonetta or Hyrule Warriors are not actually very big games.

Like I said, I'm not some bigshot manager so I hardly know all the answers for all of Nintendos Wii U troubles, but there are some things that need changing that obviously are not being tackled by the company.

I think your doing a typical pointing out franchises that are very well known, but seem to fail to mention a lot of their recent stuff.

Luigi's Mansion 2 is still new, Splatoon is coming, Kid Icarus came back and even then they still make loads from it, Bayonetta is coming, Xenoblade Chronicles is coming, Devils Third is new, Fantasy Life for 3DS, Ace Attorney. It just buys me when people moan over it when there is loads. People just seem to fail to notice these days and it's sad.

The whole Mario and Zelda thing is like me saying well when will Ubisoft stop with Assassins Creed after doing over 7 games in just 1 generation or Call of Duty which you see pretty much all the time. What you think isn't much of a change is to me. I think Mario Galaxy was fantastic, even if you still had to save Peach, Zelda has been awesome, even with a Remake and A Link Between Worlds brought back the feel of a game that is around 20 years old and not done anything like that for a long time. Smash Bros is on 4th series as they do a game every 6 years, Mario Kart is always 1 game per generation and I call Gliding and Underwater and now Anti-Gravity a different and clearly people still like it and all I've mention is some of their best.

What your calling Mediocre is what people have bought in the millions.

Be surprised how many things you complain about, but there is still loads there that isn't always Mario or Zelda.

episteme said:
I expected this to be a toastboy thread...

This is the kind of comment we don't want here or in any other thread. Please, don't post stuff like this guys!

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

DerNebel said:

They always bring their big games and a new IP or two, so I don't count those as actually deriving from their classic formular. Marketing effort is something that might be true, but I really don't notice any of it (don't watch TV), though even that can be counted towards what they always do, they always marketed their big games well. And their partnerships with other companies are hardly worth mentioning in the grand scheme of things, games like Fatal Frame or Devil's Third are the definition of niche titles and even Bayonetta or Hyrule Warriors are not actually very big games.

Like I said, I'm not some bigshot manager so I hardly know all the answers for all of Nintendos Wii U troubles, but there are some things that need changing that obviously are not being tackled by the company.

I could disect your argument further, but I can't be fucked at the moment, and I doubt it will alter your perceptions

Anyway, I hope, I didn't come of as an aggressor, I just wanted to have a friendly discussion