By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why I don't like Nintendo

Ha. you're funny kiddo now go to bed.

http://moongypsy.bandcamp.com/ ~Thank you Stefl1504 for the amazing sig~
Around the Network

Peach isn't kidnapped on 3D World. OP doesn't even play the games.

DerNebel said:

I didn't really read the OP, but I guess I'll just use this thread to explain why I'm always "hating on Nintendo", cause why the hell not?

First thing out of the way: I don't hate Nintendo, I really don't. I have extremely fond childhood memories of Super Mario Bros 1 & 3, Pokemon and Links Awakening, I was always jealous of my friends who had an SNES and I'd have loved to have a N64 & GC aside from my PS1 and 2.

Even today I still like Nintendo games, I think the new Zelda looks phenomenal and while the only Wii U game I played was 3D World, I still think it was a good, fun game.

But here's what I "hate" about Nintendo.

The Wii U: Sorry guys, but I quite frankly feel that the Wii U (much like the Vita) is an utter failure of a system. It does so much wrong, that I, and I know people will call me a hater for this, honestly want it to do badly. The Wii U is basically a textbook example of what to not do with your system.

It is innovative for the sake of being innovative and the innovation isn't even revolutionary, they just looked at what the consumers that made the Wii big are now interested in (smartphones/tablets) and halfheartedly integrated it into their system. Even they themselves have until now failed to utilise the controller in any amazing or gamechanging way. For that they sacrificed price and power of the system thus making it only slightly more powerful than the 360/PS3 while being alot more expensive.

They also fail at third party relations with the Wii U, never asking third parties what they wanted in the system, never even making sure that third parties would bring their games over to the system, their whole "build it and they'll come" approach is completely behind the curve in todays industry. And as if it wasn't enough that they don't have any third party support, they then don't even get their games out early enough, you either have third party support to give gamers things to play if your games are a little behind or you have your first party games out fast, you can't have neither.

And the worst thing is: They aren't doing anything to change the situation of the Wii U. They are completely locked in this thought of "we'll just do what we always did and it'll work itself out" and that thought should not be rewarded with success. Nintendo needs to get this wake up call and realize that it doesn't work like that.

Another thing I really am becoming annoyed with are some Nintendo fans. They have, like PS fans in 2006-2007, become to used to being on top, so that now that they aren't they become not only extremely quick to pronounce the Wii U saved, no they just become plain obnoxious.

So that's my reason for always "hating and downplaying" Nintendo.

You can give us all the reasons in  the world for why you dont like things Nintendo is doing and wont buy their system, but it all just comes down to one thing...YOU are missing out on great games. The Gamepad is not innovative for innovation sake. It does alot of cool things that add to the gameplay and makes it very easy to interact with other people. Sure its not used to its full potential, but thats mostly because it does so much...

Devil_Survivor said:

may I ask what prompted you to make this thread? Just wondering why you decided to tell why us you don't like Nintendo.

Because freedom of speech, not everyone shares your views/preferences/tastes, people like him exist. Do you need more reasons?

DerNebel said:

And the worst thing is: They aren't doing anything to change the situation of the Wii U. They are completely locked in this thought of "we'll just do what we always did and it'll work itself out" and that thought should not be rewarded with success. Nintendo needs to get this wake up call and realize that it doesn't work like that.

Curious! What should Nintendo do to change the situation of the Wii U? Making a claim without properly explaining yourself makes for shallow reasoning.

Around the Network

Well this thread was kind of mediocre too.

bubblegamer said:
Devil_Survivor said:

may I ask what prompted you to make this thread? Just wondering why you decided to tell why us you don't like Nintendo.

Because freedom of speech, not everyone shares your views/preferences/tastes, people like him exist. Do you need more reasons?

That's well in good, however instead of repeating the obvious why don't you let him answer the question. I was looking for looking for the  specfic reasons so I can understand where he is coming from instead of just attacking him like most of the people are doing in this thread.

mii-gamer said:
DerNebel said:

Curious! What should Nintendo do to change the situation of the Wii U? Making a claim without properly explaining yourself makes for shallow reasoning.

Am I a top manager that gets paid millions a year? Fact of the matter is that they need to do something big to turn that ship around and I don't see them doing any such thing. Getting some fresh new blood at the top would be a good start though.

DerNebel said:
mii-gamer said:
DerNebel said:

Am I a top manager that gets paid millions a year? Fact of the matter is that they need to do something big to turn that ship around and I don't see them doing any such thing. Getting some fresh new blood at the top would be a good start though.

You made a claim that they aren't doing anything to change the situation of the Wii U. Last time i checked pipelinging big titles, a better marketing effort, partnering with other companies and developing a fresh new ip from a younger team was doing something, it certainly sounds like they are making an effort. Sure, the wii u is not get a turn around, but you cannot serously accuse nintendo for not trying.

Pretty much how i feel, but then again i never really liked them, I went with Master system and Genesis instead of NES and SNES. Even though i've tried them all at some point or another, i've never actually bought a Nintendo system and I doubt I ever will unless they switch up their library entirely.