By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii Featured at the Academy Awards

azrm2k said:
Mars said:
nin payed out of their ass for that.

You're probably right. Nintendo is suffering right now and needs help with publicity and must go on a massive advertising blitz to salvage the Wii.

I don't know if they paid for it or not. But companies do not stop advertising ( I am aware they might re-direct advertising) in general just because they are popular, Coke, McDonalds the most recognised brands in the world spend a fortune keeping it that way.

Around the Network
DMeisterJ said:
Jon Stewart also pimped out the iPhone also... Did Apple pay for that?

Yeah, that's thing.  That's just what Jon Stewart does.

Neither Nintendo or Apple likely paid him anything.  However I bet he got something in the mail for both of them all the same.

Famous people have an inbred bias to do such things because when they mention a product off hand sometimes they end up getting stuff for free.

I can only imagine what you get sent as a thank you for mentioning your product on the oscars. 

well they were going to go with him playing halo first but it RROD on them......i mean

The best part.. the Wii is so popular that even the translators in my country got excited with the scene and start commenting how good they are at Wii sports.

SSBB FC: 5155 2671 4071 elgefe02: "VGChartz's Resident Raving Rabbit"   MKWii:5155-3729-0989

So, how long until we see Coke-Pepsi adds in the Oscars??? (j/k)

This Wii thing is getting bigger and bigger...

BTW I like the SSBB add...

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."
Around the Network

I Liked the end when the girl yells our game isn't done as she runs off the stage

I don't think that the Wii needs advirtising to begin w.

it is so popular and appealing to a lot of ppl.
no wonder it already beat gc total sales in 2 yrs.