By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Wii Passes N64 Sales in Japan...not in shipments yet though

N64 topped out at 5.37 million in Japan.

Wii is at like 5.366 million in Japan through 2/17/08.

Both numbers are sellthrough.

But for the week ending February 24, 2008, if Wii sells over 40,000 (which is all but guarenteed) it will be ahead of N64 in Japan, with years left to sell.

I'll have an article up when Wii sellthrough passes N64 shipments in Japan (~5.5 million) in a few weeks. 

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

Around the Network

Wow. This is really great! I wonder when it will pass GC Americas though. That would be more interesting IMO.

Awsome.

"Back off, man. I'm a scientist."

Your theories are the worst kind of popular tripe, your methods are sloppy, and your conclusions are highly questionable! You are a poor scientist. Especially if you think the moon landing was faked.

ioi + 1

Wii just achieved one good milestone there.

How much did SNES sell in japan??

Proud owner of all three consoles and handhelds.

Gamertag: MrKetchup911 (Add me up)

^17.15 million

OT: nice to see the wii beating the sales of its predecessors

Around the Network

wow 17.15. I am not sure if the wii can beat SNES in japan. 17.15 just seems to be too high.

Proud owner of all three consoles and handhelds.

Gamertag: MrKetchup911 (Add me up)

Wii is the next DS at least in Japan. It will certainly reach 20m.

What are the sale figures for the NES/Famicom in Japan?

Wait does that mean years later there are still 100k N64s sitting on shelves/store warehouses that haven't been sold?

This makes me bitter and hateful. The N64 is my 3rd favorite console of all-time right behind the GameCube and SNES.

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!