By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - USA SW / WW Hardware - week ending 14th June

Ouch. Bad numbers are bad all around.

Two big questions from this one:

Why the PS4 drop? (Could it really be people preordering the Destiny PS4 and just waiting..thats what I did?)
Why the extremely small increase for the Xbone? (Waiting for the Halo Bundle that is definitely coming out around Xmas? THats what Im doing)

Around the Network

Shoot I was so wrong abt kinectless I thought 100k for sure. Best wait for npd though. If PS4 can be this close on kinectless week then USA may be lost for Xb one. Consumer obviously didn't really see this as a price cut of any significance. Dead in Europe of course.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

I hate to say it, but considering VGC recent track record, let us wait for NPD to see if VGC is getting things in order.

Only a couple weeks or so.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Ssenkahdavic said:
Ouch. Bad numbers are bad all around.

Two big questions from this one:

Why the PS4 drop? (Could it really be people preordering the Destiny PS4 and just waiting..thats what I did?)
Why the extremely small increase for the Xbone? (Waiting for the Halo Bundle that is definitely coming out around Xmas? THats what Im doing)

Yes and maybe

The destiny bundle has charted similar numbers to the ps4, so it would make sense that a decent % of those are offset sales  If the bundle didn't exist, not every bundle preorder would become a current sale though, and it's impossible to know the true split. I'd guess it nerfed the current numbers by 15% or so, but is a net positive overall with huge numbers coming in September.

Halo will either get some traction or get trampled underfoot of destiny as this year it's just rehashes. Ditto tlou HD. They also run the risk of the titanfall effect : selling strong to current owners, but not bringing tons of new people onboard.

Well I guess Japan is the only thing keep Vita afloat at this point. Without it Vita would be selling less than 30K weekly which spells doom. I just wish Sony would get off their asses and help the Vita!

3DS Friend Code: 0533 - 6146 - 0418
PSN ID: atylerman5

Around the Network

ouch @ ps4 first time under 100k

but its still holding its own with relatively no recent exclusive SW releases or price cut boosts

Play Me

i'm used to vgcz numbers being wrong...

..but dead god please let these be wrong.

M$ should really remove the wings off their 399 SKU. All the flying around they're doing is making it hard for ppl to buy them. :-p

The console market is definitely not shrinking at all - I refuse to believe it.

Anyhow, nice enough hold for Mario Kart 8 and cool for Tomodachi Life. Reggie's dreams of TL being a "supastah" might come true.

NintendoPie said:
Anyhow, nice enough hold for Mario Kart 8 and cool for Tomodachi Life. Reggie's dreams of TL being a "supastah" might come true.

Wow....I didn't even notice TL. Those legs are quite impressive o.o Second week actually higher than first week (although they are basically the same) is something we don't see very often.