By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft could benefit from purchasing both Crytek & Capcom

EricFabian said:
even with the money, Microsoft can't buy Capcom.

There is nothing stopping a US company from purchasing a Japanese company.  Not sure where that rumor was originated but its false.   A foreign company can purchase a Japanese company through all the usual ways companies get bought out. Anyway, the US would not allow such a disparity between both nations since Japanese companies can purchase America companies without issue.

Around the Network

change title to "almost everyone would benefit from buying crytek and capcom"

It just comes down to "are they overpriced or not."

Microsoft can't buy Capcom. Crytek is up for grabs, though. Nintendo would benefit more from both.

can you really imagine MS buying capcom? I shudder at the thought.. basically they'll take all the IPs and either butcher them or put most of them into some graveyard, and force em Rare style.. to make kinect only games..

OT.. capcom needs to stay multiplat.. they have too many ties in every console company with various IPs. Now crytek though, they can go to MS and nobody would shed any tears.

Man.. I hate it when your girl has to leave my place to come back to you..

Microsoft money =/= xbox division money.

Yes Microsoft have a lot of money but they aren't crazy to burn money to pick some ip's.(Specially now that some investors want an excuse to sell bing/xbox).

Plus, let's faced microsoft is not good using other devs ip.(See RARE)

Imagine Megaman: nuts and bolts.

Around the Network
Shadow1980 said:
Microsoft has a bad track record with first-party support. They've done precious little with anything besides Halo, Forza, and Fable. Rare is a shell of its former self. MS has relied primarily on third parties for exclusives. This does not bode well for a buyout of some other game company, especially one as big as Capcom. In addition, a Capcom buyout would effectively kill the viability of its franchises in Japan. Since the Japanese market has largely ignored Xbox, notable franchises popular in Japan such as Resident Evil and Monster Hunter would fail to find an audience, just like all the Japanese games that were 360-exclusive failed to find an audience (only a couple sold more than 200k copies lifetime, which is terrible even by Japanese standards). Japanese gamers would just give up on them. An MS buyout of Capcom wouldn't help anybody. Capcom needs to be bought out by a Japanese gaming company, whether it's Sony, Nintendo, Bandai-Namco, or someone else.

Agreed on all points except being bought out by Sony or Nintendo.  Capcom needs to stay multiplat..

Man.. I hate it when your girl has to leave my place to come back to you..

they can take crytek but leave capcom alone. Let other companies grab their IPs first.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Prefer them to buy other studios tbh, Remedy, Undead Labs and Criterion from EA (wishful thinking)

Shadow1980 said:
Microsoft has a bad track record with first-party support. They've done precious little with anything besides Halo, Forza, and Fable. Rare is a shell of its former self. MS has relied primarily on third parties for exclusives. This does not bode well for a buyout of some other game company, especially one as big as Capcom. In addition, a Capcom buyout would effectively kill the viability of its franchises in Japan. Since the Japanese market has largely ignored Xbox, notable franchises popular in Japan such as Resident Evil and Monster Hunter would fail to find an audience, just like all the Japanese games that were 360-exclusive failed to find an audience (only a couple sold more than 200k copies lifetime, which is terrible even by Japanese standards). Japanese gamers would just give up on them. An MS buyout of Capcom wouldn't help anybody. Capcom needs to be bought out by a Japanese gaming company, whether it's Sony, Nintendo, Bandai-Namco, or someone else.

Bandai-Namco, eh? Hmmm....that actually sounds more plausible than anything.

PSN ID- RayCrocheron82

XBL Gamertag- RAFIE82

NNID- RAFIE82/ Friend Code: SW-6006-2580-8237

YouTube- Rafie Crocheron

I wouldn't mind until I realize what happened to Rare... Can't wait for the Xbox 2 to come out and MS having a e3 trailer with Megaman saying... "Welp, we didn't have a Megaman game in over 10 years, we better make one ourselves" and then we all die on the inside...

What should happen is the big 3 should take parts of Capcom/Crytek, like for example... Nintendo should take Megaman and Monster Hunter, Sony should take Deep Down and whatever and Microsoft should take Street Fighter and etc (as an example, not saying it should be exactly like that)... Cause I do feel of either if the 3 takes the whole company, it will be lame for the fans of the other two

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850