By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Fable Legends flying under the radar

Nope Fable is dead to me. There hasn't been a decent game in that series since the first one, and nothing shown about this game excites me.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Around the Network

During the live E3 thread, this game was one of the highlights of the show for me. I just didn't like all of the witty banter between characters. Definitely a day one buy for me.

Won't lie, when I first saw the gameplay/concept for FL I was really exciting. But after E3 I would actually prefer a proper Fable game :(

Looks pretty mehh to me... I feel like they are just using the Fable name to get some noob sales

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Fusioncode said:
Nope Fable is dead to me. There hasn't been a decent game in that series since the first one, and nothing shown about this game excites me.

?

I can understand overhypeness, but Fable 2 is great, and Fable 3 is decent.

Around the Network
Wright said:
Fusioncode said:

?

I can understand overhypeness, but Fable 2 is great, and Fable 3 is decent.

Fable 2 was mediocre. It was too easy and all the gameplay features were very shallow. What exactly was the point of getting married or buying all the properties?Fable 3 was just awful. I'll let Angry Joe explain that one. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSaw85bliyQ&feature=kp

Fusioncode said:

Fable 2 was mediocre. It was too easy and all the gameplay features were very shallow. What exactly was the point of getting married or buying all the properties?Fable 3 was just awful. I'll let Angry Joe explain that one. 

Yes, yes, we can let other people explain why you don't like a thing. I love Angry Joe, but that doesn't mean I agree with him everytime. I'm 95% sure without checking the link you're giving me that it is the "40 reasons why Fable 3 sucks" or something like that.

But since you're too keen on using Angry Joe, I don't see why are you saying Fable 2 is mediocre. Angry Joe gave it a 7/10, after all.

Wright said:
Fusioncode said:

Yes, yes, we can let other people explain why you don't like a thing. I love Angry Joe, but that doesn't mean I agree with him everytime. I'm 95% sure without checking the link you're giving me that it is the "40 reasons why Fable 3 sucks" or something like that.

But since you're too keen on using Angry Joe, I don't see why are you saying Fable 2 is mediocre. Angry Joe gave it a 7/10, after all.

I don't agree with AJ about everything either but he did a great job explaining why the game sucked so that's why I linked the video. If you want my reasons:

1. You're only the king for like 2 hours and you only make a handful of decisions. 

2. Saving the city isn't difficult at all, the timer only moves when you go to sleep so all you have to do is get a job, buy a bunch of houses, and make a ton of money. This in turn ruins the morality system when being king, you don't have to make difficult choices to save the kingdom anymore. Again shallow gameplay. 

3. I didn't die once in the entire game. Not every game has to be Dark Souls but this is just ridiculous.  

4. Very few sidequests, most of them are very short anyways. 

5. The storyline was stupid and made no sense. Why didn't your brother just tell everyone the city was going to be destroyed and that's why he was acting like a jerk? 

6. There's no strategy to the combat, only 3 different types of attacks. The game is so easy anyways that it doesn't matter.

7. The map system is annoyingly difficult to use. 

8. The customization is extremely limited in this game, you can't even become fat anymore. 

Maybe because the 2 Fables before were shit.

The reason this game appealed to me is more about how fun it looks like it will play with my family then the fable name. I hope you can play as the villain using smartglass. I would love that with my 3 kids playing the heros and I get to grief them as the villain.

Edit:  I have to say the polygon video interview was very informative.  A lot of questions that were not seen during the game demo are answered.