By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Fable Legends flying under the radar

badgenome said:
Kresnik said:
I read a pretty scathing preview of it a few weeks ago after E3 (that I can't seem to find now)

Probably IGN's.

Correct!

Around the Network
Kresnik said:
badgenome said:
Kresnik said:
I read a pretty scathing preview of it a few weeks ago after E3 (that I can't seem to find now)

Probably IGN's.

Correct!

Thats the tricky bit, and as a Fable fan I can understand IGN's perspective.  If they had never called Legends Fable that preview would never have been written like that! But they did, so many are doomed to disappointment!

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

badgenome said:
Kresnik said:

Probably IGN's.

My issue with that one is he says its a good game but then he complains about it not being fable 4.

It looks very interesting, but in all honesty, I think most people would appreciate more if they made another Fable 1...I know I would.

starcraft said:
Azerth said:
I think it would be getting more attention if it didn't have the fable name attached to it. But I can't wait to try the beta this year

Yeah I really cannot decide if the name Fable is going to help or hurt it after Fable 3 and Journey.

Its funny, aside from Journey all Fable games have been great - they just overhype and over promise on them!

This. On their own, Fable games are solid RPGs. I actually enjoyed the first one, even tough I never received the game that Molyneux promised. WIth the hype they get, they become underdelivering games.I only played briefly Journey, so I cannot comment on that one.

Never the less, IMO Legends should have ditched the Fable IP. A new start, realistic promises and a brand new IP for MS.

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Around the Network

I'm not a fan of the series so I probably will skip it. It does look like a fun game though.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

The fact this game has little hype will hopefully work to its benifit. Don't get me wrong I've enjoyed most fable games I've played but they have been way over hyped and never lived up to expectations. This on the other hand might pleasantly surprise people.

The fact the game use the name Fable is misleading on purpose, but They didnt understand That could Hurt the preview too, and its not unfair, we were waiting for an ambitious game, that Fable was finally coming back to the origins of what made Fable 1 wonderful, when it was announced, everyone thought it was the first next gen fable, an ambitious adventure game ( Forget fable 3) with a world to explore, at the end, we get à game That could be F2P and has nothing to do with Fable except the atmosphère

Id like a fable 4 inspired of Fable 1 but it seems i ask too Much to thèse dev

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

i was excited at one point, fable without peter was just the chance the franchise needed to return to it's roots and be awesome again.

...then i saw that awful villain top down trap setting gameplay. my hype could not be deader.

For me anyway, it isn't on my radar because it isn't Fable 2 (open world WRPG).

I want to buy property, marry multiple wives in different towns, talk to my kids, and buy expensive furniture!!!

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles.