By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo should buy Crytek

2/10

Getting worse.

Around the Network

I don't know how much Crytek is or if it's even for sale, but more than power, Nintendo would really benefit from the western talent.

Crytek would be waaay cheaper I think.

Maraccuda said:
Got to spend money to make money.

But as Jizz Beard said, a day when Nintendo exclusives set the standard for gaming visuals will be a very weird day.

Yeah, if you started gaming this past generation. Otherwise, it would be pretty normal.

I'm laughing because I totally expected this thread to pop up.

I'm fine with Ninty buying anything that could help them.

The future investment idea is especially interesting.

Around the Network
spemanig said:
Maraccuda said:
Got to spend money to make money.

But as Jizz Beard said, a day when Nintendo exclusives set the standard for gaming visuals will be a very weird day.

Yeah, if you started gaming this past generation. Otherwise, it would be pretty normal.

Oh yeah I meant modern gens, I have been gaming since NES days though. SNES graphics were awesome back in the day, then when the N64 came out it blew my mind.

Australian Gamer (add me if you like)               
NNID: Maraccuda              
PS Network: Maraccuda           

This was totally out of the blue. But, Rol doesn't call your theprof jr. for nothin'.

it would be a waste of money for nintendo, crytek doesn't have any system selling franchises, and shooters don't really sell on nintendo consoles. nintendo would be better off investing there money on porting third party games that are system sellers.

i was wondering how long it take for this thread to open, not too long lol

roboplato said:
it would be a waste of money for nintendo, crytek doesn't have any system selling franchises, and shooters don't really sell on nintendo consoles. nintendo would be better off investing there money on porting third party games that are system sellers.

They could have a good engine for devs out of this and it would not need to be Nintendo exclusive. They could ovver it free to devs who make Nintendo games. 

Also ther reason shooters don't sell well because the genre was left to die on the system. You can create an audience from next batch of kids.