By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Crytek In Deep Trouble – Adoption of CryEngine Not Good, Ryse Development Catastrophic (Update: Crytek denies claim)

curl-6 said:
Another studio killed by the toxic AAA business model.

You mean another studio killed my Microsoft.Ryse would have succeeded on PS4.I fear the same fate for Remedy as well.

- Moderated, Carl

Around the Network
HokageTenshi said:

perhaps M$ should buy them...??

Yes! I bet everyone wants to see a sequel to the glorious Ryse Son of Rome!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

curl-6 said:

Good games get pirated just as much as bad ones. Pirates don't discriminate; they want it, they steal it.

Pirates do discriminate and any game that sells well is a good game in my book plus they have otherways of getting games dirt cheap via steam ... 

If piracy was such an issue then why didn't publishers take drastic measure such as delaying PC ports and such ? 

fatslob-:O said:
curl-6 said:

Good games get pirated just as much as bad ones. Pirates don't discriminate; they want it, they steal it.

Pirates do discriminate and any game that sells well is a good game in my book plus they have otherways of getting games dirt cheap via steam ... 

If piracy was such an issue then why didn't publishers take drastic measure such as delaying PC ports and such ? 

The fact that there are pretty much zero AAA budget PC exclusives still being made speaks volumes about the impact piracy has on their viability. 

curl-6 said:

The fact that there are pretty much zero AAA budget PC exclusives still being made speaks volumes about the impact piracy has on their viability. 

Star Citizen ? LOL 

The fact that consoles gamers are using the silly piracy argument against PC platform shows how ignorant they are about PC gaming in general. Even if piracy was eliminated sales wouldn't drastically increase due to the fact that the most guilty users are financially constrained. 

Around the Network

I hate to see people lose their jobs, and I'm sure a lot of the staff there are really hard workers. With that said, the studio as a whole was garbage when it came to making games. They should've stuck to building their engine and tech demos to show it off.

I am the Playstation Avenger.

Hmmm... If they were planning to go exclusively F2P, they might as well fo bust for me. I'm not touching F2P games, so I couldn't care less.

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

curl-6 said:
Another studio killed by the toxic AAA business model.

The industry does have issues but crytek and are crap studio, and have themselves to blame. This one has very little to do with the AAA industry model, crytek has gotten worse with each game and has lost there fanbase.

fatslob-:O said:
curl-6 said:

Star Citizen ? LOL 

The fact that consoles gamers are using the silly piracy argument against PC platform shows how ignorant they are about PC gaming in general. Even if piracy was eliminated sales wouldn't drastically increase due to the fact that the most guilty users are financially constrained. 

One game? And don't be surprised if it comes to PS4/Xbone in the future.

Most pirates aren't pirates out of necessity; if they can afford a rig that can run games at high spec, they can afford the games. They just have an entitled brat attitude and think they should get what they want for nothing.

Scisca said:
Hmmm... If they were planning to go exclusively F2P, they might as well fo bust for me. I'm not touching F2P games, so I couldn't care less.

Talking about bust.. *ahem*