By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - who should buy capcom?

who do you thought should buyed capcoms?

nintendo 221 67.17%

sony 76 23.10%

microsoft 27 8.21%

ea 5 1.52%

Total:329
Kresnik said:
Literally anyone who doesn't manufacture a console (so no Nintendo/Sony/Microsoft/Amazon etc.)

Personally, I liked the idea of a Konami/Capcom merger like some people mentioned a while back. Sure, it could turn out like Square-Enix, but at least it might start both companies doing something rather than sitting on their arses all the time (particularly Konami).

Thank you. The ridiculousness in this thread was getting to unfathomable levels. For Capcom's own sake and ours it can't possibly be a company that will alienate their target audience/fans.

Konami would be a great choice. Unfortunately Konami being Konami and the fact that hey also are not doing great lately makes this deal nearly impossible. Square and Sega would be the next obvious candidates. 

Around the Network
KingdomHeartsFan said:

No I dont want Nintendo to buy them, if Miyamoto was making a Mega Man game then that's one Nintendo game that he would have been making that we would not get, like if he was making Mega Man now we wouldn't get Star Fox on Wii U.  Also how would they make worse mistakes and still turn a decent profit?  Even if they get games like RE, DR, DMC they are still investing a lot into these games and the sales have to compensate, and the sales of these series would plummet if they were only on Nintendo consoles.  If NIntendo buys Capcom the budget for these games is gonna go way down so they can actually make a profit off the games.

Would you rather have high quality games with appropriate budgets, or do you prefer sub-par games with ridiculously high budgets?

Nintendo

Current Consoles: Gaming PC, Wii U, 3DS

Well Sony cant afford CAPCOM at the moment and Microsoft can't buy CAPCOM due to Japanese law. So only Nintendo is in a position to buy them of the big 3

"I think it will be the HDS"-Me in regards to Nintendo's next handheld.

RubberWhistleHistle said:
DerNebel said:

No, it was you that started that whole thing with your horrible, horrible OP

Well I guess that's just your opinion. Most people actually liked my post.

Most people are idiots. While I agree (to some degree) that Nintendo should acquire Capcom, your OP was over the top biased and narrow-minded.

Around the Network
zarx said:
First off no first party publisher should be interested, most of Capcom's value right now would be lost if that happened. a lot of their investment is in mobile and PC online and social games recently.

I hope Capcom stays independant so they keep developing for all platforms, but that's an interesting point. Microsoft would be in a better position than Nintendo and Sony:

• Capcoms console games could be released on Xbox One and Xbox 360
  • Capcoms PC investment wouldn't be wasted, these games still could be release on Windows
  • Capcoms mobile investment wouldn't be wasted, Microsoft could push WP8 and WinRT with mobile CAPCOM games
  • Microsoft ain't shy to release mobile games on iOS and Android (Kinectimals, Halo Waypoint, Ms. Splosion Man, even MS Office!)
  • Microsoft has the most cash to spend

Conina said:
zarx said:
First off no first party publisher should be interested, most of Capcom's value right now would be lost if that happened. a lot of their investment is in mobile and PC online and social games recently.

I hope Capcom stays independant so they keep developing for all platforms, but that's an interesting point. Microsoft would be in a better position than Nintendo and Sony:

• Capcoms console games could be released on Xbox One and Xbox 360
  • Capcoms PC investment wouldn't be wasted, these games still could be release on Windows
  • Capcoms mobile investment wouldn't be wasted, Microsoft could push WP8 and WinRT with mobile CAPCOM games
  • Microsoft ain't shy to release mobile games on iOS and Android (Kinectimals, Halo Waypoint, Ms. Splosion Man, even MS Office!)
  • Microsoft has the most cash to spend

Yeah, I was thinking specially about this part too when thinking about MS being probably most interested.

fps_d0minat0r said:
fps_d0minat0r said:
think-man said:
think-man said:

If Nintendo made the best games Id be playing them all the time, I don't so yeah I'm dead serious.

Sorry that just sounds crazy to me. I thought everybody knew that nintendo made the best games. 

No, only people that are obsessed with Nintendo would say that.

It's actually true though, I looked it up. Ign's top 100 games of all time list has 6 nintendo games in the top ten. And the highest ranked game on metacritic is a nintendo game, so I'm right actually.

What would you consider an exclusive? (in terms of who developed and published it, and how many other systems it appeared on)

I'm gonna make a metacritic comparing Sony and Nintendo exclusives to settle this for once and for all.

If nintendo publishes it, it's theirs. If Sony publishes it, it's theirs. There is no way Sony can win that battle. 

Maybe not on the quantity of titles... but I'm not going to credit poorly rated games the same as highly rated games. And since this is a direct comparison between Sony and Nintendo, it will be split up into generations to see who won each gen.

I will let you know when I get around to making the thread. I hope you will not turn on your definition of an exclusive, or turn on using metacritic.

I might, it depends on what the results are.

Arkhandar said:
DerNebel said:

No, it was you that started that whole thing with your horrible, horrible OP

Well I guess that's just your opinion. Most people actually liked my post.

Most people are idiots. While I agree (to some degree) that Nintendo should acquire Capcom, your OP was over the top biased and narrow-minded.

No it wasn't. I just want nintendo to get one step closer to having a monopoly on every game franchise

fps_d0minat0r said:
fps_d0minat0r said:
think-man said:
think-man said:

If Nintendo made the best games Id be playing them all the time, I don't so yeah I'm dead serious.

Sorry that just sounds crazy to me. I thought everybody knew that nintendo made the best games. 

No, only people that are obsessed with Nintendo would say that.

It's actually true though, I looked it up. Ign's top 100 games of all time list has 6 nintendo games in the top ten. And the highest ranked game on metacritic is a nintendo game, so I'm right actually.

What would you consider an exclusive? (in terms of who developed and published it, and how many other systems it appeared on)

I'm gonna make a metacritic comparing Sony and Nintendo exclusives to settle this for once and for all.

If nintendo publishes it, it's theirs. If Sony publishes it, it's theirs. There is no way Sony can win that battle. 

Maybe not on the quantity of titles... but I'm not going to credit poorly rated games the same as highly rated games. And since this is a direct comparison between Sony and Nintendo, it will be split up into generations to see who won each gen.

I will let you know when I get around to making the thread. I hope you will not turn on your definition of an exclusive, or turn on using metacritic.

I might, it depends on what the results are.

haha, as always.

Anyway, if you are desperate for the results, you can make it, i might not be able to do it for a couple of months, but I will do it one day.