By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Can We Possibly See the "Splatoon" Characters in Super Smash Bros as a Playable Character?

Splatoon Kids for this Upcoming Super Smash?

Definitely should be Playable 11 36.67%

Should be Represented, but Not Playable 8 26.67%

Nothing In Super Smash 5 16.67%

Would be Cool as a DLC Character 5 16.67%

Who??? 1 3.33%

Total:30

Maybe as an assist trophy?

Around the Network
spemanig said:
Nope. Too new. Haven't earned it yet.

Greninja is farely new, and they starting working on him before XY even came out :P But i kno its unlikely, but not impossible. Dontforget Roy wasnt even a character intill SSBM then his game came out 2-3 months after the release!

TheLegendaryWolf said:
Maybe as an assist trophy?

Maybe, they have done it with Dillon!

It's too soon to ink-orporate Splatoon characters to Smash.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Maybe as DLC ;)

Around the Network
tbone51 said:

Greninja is farely new, and they starting working on him before XY even came out :P But i kno its unlikely, but not impossible. Dontforget Roy wasnt even a character intill SSBM then his game came out 2-3 months after the release!

Greninja is part of an established franchise. That's what I mean. Chrom is fine. The squids are not. The Splatoon franchise is too new and hasn't proven itself, so it's not happening. Not with Splatoon. Not with Dillon's rolling western. Not with Sakura Samurai.

i think it would be smart for nintendo to include one into smash. like you said it is great advertising. but the franchise might have been formalized too late for the smash team to work on it. maybe as DLC?

spemanig said:
tbone51 said:

Greninja is part of an established franchise. That's what I mean. Chrom is fine. The squids are not. The Splatoon franchise is too new and hasn't proven itself, so it's not happening. Not with Splatoon. Not with Dillon's rolling western. Not with Sakura Samurai.

We are at a disagreement, i think its possible (though very low probability). Just cuz it never happened before doesn't mean it will remain the fact. 

This is the first SSB i can think of having a new IP launching several months after its release. I think we all seen much crazier ideas happen, so i wouldn't push it out of the realm just yet.

Who knows we could get a stage/item/assist trophy from the Splatoon franchise. SSB has done that in the past before

kitler53 said:
i think it would be smart for nintendo to include one into smash. like you said it is great advertising. but the franchise might have been formalized too late for the smash team to work on it. maybe as DLC?

There is a first with everything. The pokemon Greninja was being worked on before Pokemon XY came out, so that means SSB team have had communications with GameFreak (creators of pokemon), so i can see it if they implement Splatoon kids.

DLC can work, i dont kno if Sakurai would do that as he only likes to release Fully Finished games (meaning no dlc), but things can change.

Even if they dont become playable, some type of form in the game would do (though playable character would do justice for them as did SSBM had done with Fire Emblem in the West!)