By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why Mario Kart 8 didn't save the WiiU

Tagged games:

padib said:
Ucell said:

I was talking about hardware all along. Wii sold well due to motion controls and a low price. Other Nintendo consoles which didn't get third-party support didn't do well. That prves my point that Nintendo alone isn't enough to create a successful console.

You replied to my post to derNebel. Did you forget?

I was saying that the PS360 brands are stuck in a corner while Nintendo has the luxury to shine in a broader market. They were able to do it for the DS, 3DS, GBA, Wii, NES, SNES, and they can do it again for the U.

With or without 3rd parties.

Why? Because their games are appealing to that broad audience. The real exceptions are the N64 and Cube. You are seeing it completely opposite to what reality tells us. Don't worry, you're part of the majority. It took me time to realize it myself.

As for talking about HW or SW, the most basic principle in the console wars is that "SW sells HW".

In that case Sony, MS or any other third-party developer can also make games to appeal to a younger audience. Still doesn't change the fact that it wouldn't make much of a difference. NIntendo can shine in a broader market, but that isn't happening anytime soon.

Around the Network
Max King of the Wild said:
drake_tolu said:
For Reggie Wii U sell good now...

Good thing Reggie is a shill who is paid to believe that 

Reggie is not a shill. Please be more accurate in your descriptions.

Ucell said:
padib said:
Ucell said:

I was talking about hardware all along. Wii sold well due to motion controls and a low price. Other Nintendo consoles which didn't get third-party support didn't do well. That prves my point that Nintendo alone isn't enough to create a successful console.

I was saying that the PS360 brands are stuck in a corner while Nintendo has the luxury to shine in a broader market. They were able to do it for the DS, 3DS, GBA, Wii, NES, SNES, and they can do it again for the U.

Why? Because their games are appealing to that broad audience. The real exceptions are the N64 and Cube. You are seeing it completely opposite to what reality tells us. Don't worry, you're part of the majority. It took me time to realize it myself.

As for talking about HW or SW, the most basic principle in the console wars is that "SW sells HW".

In that case Sony, MS or any other third-party developer can also make games to appeal to a younger audience. Still doesn't change the fact that it wouldn't make much of a difference. NIntendo can shine in a broader market, but that isn't happening anytime soon.

ill add a question to this

Why do we need violence in video games?

Why is it appealing? 

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Official Ni No Kuni Fanboy:

Familiars Captured:37

Game Beaten: 2 times almost

Times I got teary during some scenes: 3

padib said:
Ucell said:

Speak about what you know, not about baseless predictions.

Which happens to be just like your prediction that Nintendo games are enough to make their consoles sell very well. It hasn't been the case yet, yet you continue to believe so.

OfficerRaichu15 said:
Ucell said:
padib said:
Ucell said:

Why is it appealing? 

Let me ask you this: What is wrong with violence in games?

And to answer your second question, violence is a reality of life, and realistic things are always more appealing than cartoons. Its why live-action films are a lot more popular than animated ones in general.

Around the Network
impertinence said:
drake_tolu said:

Use a dictionary before trying to call someone out

one who makes a sales pitch or serves as a promoter

Reggie doesn't pitch or promote nintendo products? 

Ucell said:
OfficerRaichu15 said:
Ucell said:
padib said:
Ucell said:

Why is it appealing? 

Let me ask you this: What is wrong with violence in games?

And to answer your second question, violence is a reality of life, and realistic things are always more appealing than cartoons. Its why live-action films are a lot more popular than animated ones in general.

I have no problem with it i just wonder why it is appealing what makes kids like itand stuff i play violent games but i have always answered that question in my mind why is this appealing to me?

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

It's Amazing how even give these people FACTS on nintendo sucess they still argue with OPINIONS but opinions are like butt holes everyone has one just like when we tell republicans about global warming and they don't believe

Hotlava2014 said:
It's Amazing how even give these people FACTS on nintendo sucess they still argue with OPINIONS but opinions are like butt holes everyone has one just like when we tell republicans about global warming and they don't believe

??

plus it isnt global warming its climate change get your facts right 

Bets:

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

impertinence said:
drake_tolu said:

Use a dictionary before trying to call someone out

one who makes a sales pitch or serves as a promoter

Reggie doesn't pitch or promote nintendo products? 

I see you are not sure what shill means, so let me rephrase:

Reggie is not a shill. Please don't use words you don't understand.

Edit: For anyone else confused, a shill is someone who is paid to promote a product, yet still pose as a neutral observer or unbiased customer. For example, during E3 there are numerous obvious shills at play. Most commonly as people in the audience pretending to just be customers, but are paid to go nuts with excitement over any announcement.

By virtue of Reggie Fils-Aime well publicized position as President and COO of Nintendo America he can not be said to be pretending to operate as an indipendent party. Calling Reggie a shill constitutes incorrect usage of the word.